No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last player I took a flyer on in my NL only league was grabbing Chase Utley for a buck.

He went 6-for-7 with 2 runs yesterday and is hitting a serviceable .270 with 5 HR/27 RBI/42 R.

Comment

• Come on Ryu!! Hoping for a solid if unspectacular start. And staying healthy.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Turner you asshole. I guess though, I could have been patient and kept you while you sucked for two months. And it was probably due to the knee issue. So fuck me.
        Turner with his 13th bomb and his 46th RBI tonight. More or less on last year's pace, but he'll likely exceed those stats because he'll get far more ABs. Holding was the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Yasmani Grandal with 3 HRs tonight. Have any catchers ever hit four in a game?

Joins Mike Piazza and Roy Campanella as the only Dodger catchers with three in a game. Nice company.
          No catcher has ever hit 4 HRs in a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Looks like both Kershaw and Joc Pederson will be back really soon, perhaps early next week. Great news.

Updates on Brett Anderson and Alex Wood, too. Both have started facing live hitters and will look to return in about a month. Ethier might be back around the same time as well, maybe a little later.
            And now Alex Wood needs an "elbow debridement" and will miss at least 8 more weeks. Buh bye.

Comment

• Are the Dodgers really shopping Yasiel Puig? Should they be?
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Are the Dodgers really shopping Yasiel Puig? Should they be?
                They are and they should...he's apparently never going to get it in LA. The mental aspect of his game is awful...throwing to the wrong base, running the team out of innings, rarely bothing to look for a specific pitch. you can have all the talent in the world, and he does, but he's just not going to get his head together in LA.

Which is sad, I think that he's a good kid, but just that, a kid who hasn't grown up yet. Maybe someday he will, but I won't own him anymore at that point.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I traded a cheap Puig (and FLA Ramos, who panned out) last year for Kershaw and a lame duck Rizzo.
                  kept Kershaw at 44, and traded him a day before this news. bad year, but have done well with Dodgers....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• If the Dodgers acquire Wade Davis, they wouldn't make him the closer, would they? I kinda get it with Chapman and Rondon in Chicago But I'd be super pissed if I'm Jansen and get supplanted by Davis. And I'd be super pissed as a Jansen owner in both my leagues too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      If the Dodgers acquire Wade Davis, they wouldn't make him the closer, would they? I kinda get it with Chapman and Rondon in Chicago But I'd be super pissed if I'm Jansen and get supplanted by Davis. And I'd be super pissed as a Jansen owner in both my leagues too.
                      They tried to supplant Jansen this past off-season when they went after Chapman, no? I think this season has cemented Jansen, but crazier things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Are the Dodgers really shopping Yasiel Puig? Should they be?
                        Does any team really want him? Why would they? His negatives far outweigh his positives.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• He certainly wouldn't fetch much of anything right now. I think the best course for the Dodgers is to try and work it out. He is only 25.

Comment

• Kershaw moved to the 60-day DL, so he's ineligible to return until at least August 27th.

Comment

• Can someone talk to me about Trayce Thompson? He was a nice surprise for a while then seemed to slow down and is now hurt. They've now traded for Reddick but Puig has been sent down. Kendrick is playing LF, would Thompson move into the starting role when he comes back? What do people think about him for 2017? Will he have a spot or be a 4th outfield type? I have him in my NL only league for $1 and I'm wondering if I should include him in a deal. I'm in first so there is that whole flags fly forever thing but I also have a pretty comfortable lead.

So really, I'm curious about what people think about his outlook for this year and next year.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Can someone talk to me about Trayce Thompson? He was a nice surprise for a while then seemed to slow down and is now hurt. They've now traded for Reddick but Puig has been sent down. Kendrick is playing LF, would Thompson move into the starting role when he comes back? What do people think about him for 2017? Will he have a spot or be a 4th outfield type? I have him in my NL only league for $1 and I'm wondering if I should include him in a deal. I'm in first so there is that whole flags fly forever thing but I also have a pretty comfortable lead.

So really, I'm curious about what people think about his outlook for this year and next year.
                                His power is real but that BA not sure. I think we are looking at a player with possible 25 plus HR power but a low BA. He has improved his contact rate from his early minors and has a decent BB rate. His BIBIP this season is .255 which is low for him so if that normalizes the BA should rise. For the rest of the season he'll have to battle for ABs with Kendricks and Pederson and maybe getting starts in right against lefties. With the Dodgers only 2 games out of first it will depend on performance for PT from their outfielders.

Comment

Working...
                                X