2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I think there is a little room. Both Carlos Frias and Josh Ravin could theoretically be shifted to the 60 day DL to make room. I don't think Thompson comes back at all this year --- his back is broken.

I forgot about a couple sure-fire call ups, though. Austin Barnes will be called up to be the 3rd catcher (every team in the majors will likely do this soon). Relievers Fien and Coleman will get the call, too. Kazmir will be back at some point, probably, depending on how his neck is doing.
    Fien was activated Tuesday. Kazmir is on track to join the rotation next week.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• If any team could game the system it would be the Dodgers. Are Ravin or Africa's even all that hurt? Can't even remember why they went on the DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        De Leon still seems like a long-shot given the 40-man issues. Kershaw, Ethier, Thompson, and Wood will theoretically need to be added soon and I'm not sure how much dead weight there is on the 40-man (Culberson, Taylor?, Howell?)
        Apparently getting the call to pitch Sunday

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Kershaw is scheduled to pitch Friday vs the Marlins and Fernandez. He is probably going to be on a pitch count for a few starts.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, somehow I did remember. It looked like a sure thing that the Dodgers would hit 92 wins but they're still stuck on 90 with 4 games to go. Nailbiter. And wtf happened to Greinke?
            I think that they'll get it, unless the Nats clinch home field and LA just mails in the last few games. I'll tell you, Roberts is a freakin' magician, cobbling together that line-up and rotation all season, it's pretty amazing to watch. Although I think that they're mishandling Puig right now, but that's for another thread.

I'm suspecting that Greinke was a combination of the park, which we all suspected would impact him, and nagging injuries for most of the season. Maybe something will come out, maybe not...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• They have 91 wins now so all they have to do is beat the Giants once. Giants are still fighting for a playoff spot but the Dodgers are fighting for home-field advantage in 1st round of playoffs so chances are they'll win at least 1.

Comment

I think if they land on 92 wins exactly it's a tie and neither of us wins. Guess I should check that.

But yeah, the Dodgers set the all-time record for most players on the disabled list this year. 70-some of their games have been started by rookies. Ross freakin' Stripling has the 4th most IP on the team. That they easily won the division and will be winning 90-odd games is a testament to the fantastic way that this team is being constructed, imo. Future is looking really bright even as they enter into the playoffs. I'm pretty happy.
                We'll call it a draw at this point...even if they win tomorrow. Couldn't take the Joker away from you...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Nice work Hornsby, the fact that they clinched a week before the season ended might have impacted their motivation to clear 92 wins ��

Comment

• "Brian Wilson is hoping to pitch again as a knuckleballer.
                    This is exactly as odd as it sounds. Wilson -- who once consistently sat his fastball in the mid-to-high 90's -- has not pitched in the majors since 2014. He tinkered with a knuckleball on the side during his big-league career, though, and has been honing the pitch in the interim. On Wednesday, he threw a 30-pitch bullpen mostly consisting of knuckleballs and within the last month, he has thrown for "at least two teams," according to Yahoo Sports' Tim Brown. Wilson turns 35 in March. It's a longshot that he makes a major league bullpen via his flutterball prowess, but late career renaissances with the pitch are not impossible. Look no further than R.A. Dickey, who only began throwing it when he was in the vicinity of 30 years old. "(Source: Yahoo Sports via Rotoworld)
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Somehow, "fear the beard" just doesn't have the same impact with a guy throwing a 70 mph knuckle ball.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Can't view the last 24 pages of this thread. I'm guessing that ElD took them with him when he left lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anyone else worried about all of these injections that Justin Turner suddenly needs in his left knee this spring? The Dodgers are saying that it is just maintenance. But, given his injury history and age it could be a precursor of things to come.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I've read Kazmir's velocity was down around 83 MPH. That can't be good, unless you're an Alex Wood owner.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Starting rotation right now looks like:

Kershaw
                              Hill
                              Maeda
                              McCarthy
                              Wood

Ryu's looking pretty good but they might hold him back a little bit to make sure he's all the way back. Kazmir seems assured to start on the DL to work out his issues and Urias's innings will be managed by minor league stints and probably staying back at extended spring training.

Comment

• Hill came back pretty quick from his blister problem... and had to leave the game today in the 4th because it wasn't really healed. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a real DL stint next.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X