2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I don't see the White Sox...Rollins is a decent placeholder for Tim Anderson, who's really raking right now. I'd say he's ready by July...be surprised if they block him with a guy like Reyes.
    Not as familiar with the AL. This is the problem in moving Reyes the 21 mil owed in 2017 then the 4 mil buyout in 2018.

Comment

I don't see the White Sox...Rollins is a decent placeholder for Tim Anderson, who's really raking right now. I'd say he's ready by July...be surprised if they block him with a guy like Reyes.
      He has been on FIRE recently. Seems like 4 hits in each of his last six games (maybe not but seems like it). Another jack and another SB tonight.

Comment

It's no like Kendrick is ripping the cover off the ball, and there's plenty of PT in the outfield as well for someone playing well. I don't know that Reyes is going to be an exclusive SS anymore, that ship may have sailed.
        Not a chance - they stepped away from the Aroldis deal which addressed a much bigger need, why would they change their mind for a guy they don't even need? Kendrick is struggling but Utley's killing it and the outfield will be overcrowded when Ethier and Van Slyke come back in the next month or so.

The Angels make a ton of sense - they're desperate and would probably jump at the chance to get a useful player without having to give up anything.

Comment

• If he gets dealt, it's gonna be the Yankees.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I think that a Reyes trade would have to be to a team that needs a shortstop, or possibly a second baseman,and has a bad contract to trade. Very few teams come to mind that fit the bill. The Padres seem like a possibility but I can't think of any other team that has the combination of a need and a bad contract who is looking to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              If he gets dealt, it's gonna be the Yankees.
              This goes completely against the new mindset of Cashman, who's trying to get the team younger. Adding a 34-year old malcontent probably isn't in the script.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                This goes completely against the new mindset of Cashman, who's trying to get the team younger. Adding a 34-year old malcontent probably isn't in the script.
                Meh...it's not like he's on a long term deal. When you have three guys in your IF who are at a .625 OPS or lower in the Bronx, they'll do something. It's not like Reyes could possibly suck worse than Headley does now.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Yankees seemed to love patting themselves on the back for the Gregorius trade last year, so even his sub-.250 OBP this year might not have them leaping to reverse course....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    I don't think this is a matter of having something to offer. If the Angels would take his whole contract and gave up Kyle Kendrick or Neal Cotts, I bet that's enough.
                    lol. kendrick was a raging dumpster fire in colorado last year. no way in hell are we taking him and his 6.32 era back. he can't pitch here.
                    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                      lol. kendrick was a raging dumpster fire in colorado last year. no way in hell are we taking him and his 6.32 era back. he can't pitch here.
                      oh, I'm not saying either of those guys are good, they're just the oldest pitchers on the Angels' AAA team. I bet the Rockies would trade Reyes for nothing if someone would eat the contract, but I don't think you're allowed to do that.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        oh, I'm not saying either of those guys are good, they're just the oldest pitchers on the Angels' AAA team. I bet the Rockies would trade Reyes for nothing if someone would eat the contract, but I don't think you're allowed to do that.
                        any reliever with a decent k:bb ratio would do it. just saying that kendrick proved to be a terrible fit for coors field last year, and i doubt that either party is interested in revisiting that disaster.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Hey Mark Reynolds, where is all the power? I'm not complaining about the nice batting average but I thought he'd have more than 2 home runs by now. Especially in Colorado. What's going on?
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            Hey Mark Reynolds, where is all the power? I'm not complaining about the nice batting average but I thought he'd have more than 2 home runs by now. Especially in Colorado. What's going on?
                            I don't know how much this has to do with it, but they did raise the walls in Coors quite a bit in the off-season. The change was projected to have a significant impact on lessening homer rates, and result in more doubles and triples. Of course, it hasn't bothered Story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I don't know how much this has to do with it, but they did raise the walls in Coors quite a bit in the off-season. The change was projected to have a significant impact on lessening homer rates, and result in more doubles and triples. Of course, it hasn't bothered Story.
                              Eight of Story's 12 homers have come on the road...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Eight of Story's 12 homers have come on the road...
                                It actually HAS bothered Story. If it wasn't for raising the walls, he'd have more than 12. I know there was at least one of his triples that would've been a HR last year, and I seem to recall that there were two of them. So last year he would have actually had 14 HR at this point. !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X