Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Look 2 posts up
    I'm way too old to be looking up that far. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Matt Cain needs a different job. I don't think Colorado hit their batting practice pitchers that hard,
      So sad. I feel bad for Cain. He was a horse for so long, one who got mercilessly bad run production and toiled on. Injuries have taken their toll.

Comment

• Rotoworld

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, Jose Reyes' impending suspension is likely to be for at least 60 games.

Heyman notes that it could potentially be even longer than that, with 80 games considered a fair estimate. Reyes was arrested six months ago for alleged domestic abuse. It's a near certainty that his ban will exceed the 30 games that Aroldis Chapman received, and it now looks as though he'll miss at least half of the season. An official announcement is expected at some point this week.

Comment

• If it is 80 games then he'll lose half of his contract of 22 mil I assume. Reyes might not be back until Aug. With 22 mil owed in 2017 and a 4 mil buyout for 2018 I wonder if they will try to make some deal to move him after his suspension. They wouldn't just eat the rest of his contract and waive him.

Comment

• MLB must have pretty conclusive evidence to put downs ban that's 2-3 times greater than Chapman's.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              If it is 80 games then he'll lose half of his contract of 22 mil I assume. Reyes might not be back until Aug. With 22 mil owed in 2017 and a 4 mil buyout for 2018 I wonder if they will try to make some deal to move him after his suspension. They wouldn't just eat the rest of his contract and waive him.
              With reports saying the suspension will likely be handed down today or this weekend, it looks like he's going to get credit for "time served," which to this point has been 34 games. And with that revelation comes news that teams are very interested in acquiring him.

Comment

• Reyes suspended without pay until 5/31. Eligible to play beginning 6/1.

Comment

• Looks like Reyes could be ready to return towards 3rd week or so in June. Wonder who are Olney's sources that state they are interested in Reyes. Question is what do the Rockies want to do? Do they wait and see if Story can maintain being productive at SS and possibly moving Reyes back to starting SS. Right now they will owe Reyes about $41 mil if they keep him. If they move him in a trade how much salary do they eat or can they find a team to trade salaries. I'm sure we will all be entertained on this.

Comment

Looks like Reyes could be ready to return towards 3rd week or so in June. Wonder who are Olney's sources that state they are interested in Reyes. Question is what do the Rockies want to do? Do they wait and see if Story can maintain being productive at SS and possibly moving Reyes back to starting SS. Right now they will owe Reyes about $41 mil if they keep him. If they move him in a trade how much salary do they eat or can they find a team to trade salaries. I'm sure we will all be entertained on this.
                    My guess is that the Rockies either have a team/potential deal already in place, or they'll play Reyes and hope like hell that he rips it up for a month so they can deal him. I could see the Nats potentially in play, keeping Turner down. A return to the Mets perhaps? The Dodgers are always a landing spot, the Pads are suddenly only a few games out in a mediocre NL West. The Angels, but they have nothing to offer, maybe the O's, depending on how long Hardy is out...anywhere else?
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      The Dodgers? Lol, no.
                      It's no like Kendrick is ripping the cover off the ball, and there's plenty of PT in the outfield as well for someone playing well. I don't know that Reyes is going to be an exclusive SS anymore, that ship may have sailed.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        The Angels, but they have nothing to offer
                        I don't think this is a matter of having something to offer. If the Angels would take his whole contract and gave up Kyle Kendrick or Neal Cotts, I bet that's enough.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          My guess is that the Rockies either have a team/potential deal already in place, or they'll play Reyes and hope like hell that he rips it up for a month so they can deal him. I could see the Nats potentially in play, keeping Turner down. A return to the Mets perhaps? The Dodgers are always a landing spot, the Pads are suddenly only a few games out in a mediocre NL West. The Angels, but they have nothing to offer, maybe the O's, depending on how long Hardy is out...anywhere else?
                          How about the team with a SS and a 3B with an OPS under .600 each?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            I don't think this is a matter of having something to offer. If the Angels would take his whole contract and gave up Kyle Kendrick or Neal Cotts, I bet that's enough.
                            Good point...although they still have Hamilton's horrible contract to pay through next year.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Would the Nats be willing to take on Reyes contract and leave Turner in AAA for the rest of the season? Not sure that works out. Maybe if they could move Werth but can't see the Rockies wanting him. One team where Reyes could go is to the White Sox. He would be an upgrade from Rollins

Comment

Would the Nats be willing to take on Reyes contract and leave Turner in AAA for the rest of the season? Not sure that works out. Maybe if they could move Werth but can't see the Rockies wanting him. One team where Reyes could go is to the White Sox. He would be an upgrade from Rollins
                                I don't see the White Sox...Rollins is a decent placeholder for Tim Anderson, who's really raking right now. I'd say he's ready by July...be surprised if they block him with a guy like Reyes.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X