Trades that Should Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    David Price for Kyle Seagar, Joc Pederson, and Zach Lee.
    You mean Corey Seager.

The Dodgers reportedly are very much on Price (as well as Tanaka). But word is that the Rays would want Urias as part of the trade package. So, substitute Urias for Lee and I think that deal just might get done.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Scoff all you want but Andrus is totally an offensive liability, despite all the runs (scoff) that he scores. He's a 4 win player and has only once in his career provided positive offensive value. He is all defense. And are we really arguing that Ethier, a three win player himself, is worthless? I mean, he doesn't have the SBs or runs, lol, but still....

Ethier, say $35 million, and zach lee was the trade by the way. I think that's eminently reasonable.
      While I disagree that Andrus is an offensive liability in the right lineup, your offer above is one of the few reasonable offers out there. It's not like Andrus' contract is wonderful, either. And Zach Lee would be an excellent piece for the Rangers to add.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

With Kinsler now traded to Detroit, that takes Andrus and Profar out of the trade speculation (love that deal for both sides, BTW).

With the Cards trading Freese to the Angels, Matt Carpenter moves to third and Kolten Wong takes over at 2B, so he's off the market.

A name that hasn't been mentioned much is Ryan Ludwick. I don't have any hard data, but the Schumaker signing by the Reds does give them another option in LF should they find a good deal in which Ludwick is a part. More likely, though, Schumaker is just insurance in CF (if Hamilton doesn't hit) and 2B (if Phillips talks his way out of town).
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Working...
        X