No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a gradient I see? That puts them at the forefront of 90s web design.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      Can one be prejudiced against a baseball team?

If so, then I am prejudiced against the Diamondbacks. I can't figure it out, but I hate just about everything about this team. I like a few of their low-end pitchers, Delgado, Bracho, and a hitter or two, but every year I like this team less and less. And it wasn't really that long ago, I was rooting for them so hard to beat the Yankees that they became one of my favorites teams.

Now I can't stand them.
      I can't stand them and I live here.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I bet this will make you like them better.

wait, no it won't.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Segura went for 29 in our league. other weird DBack prices: SMiller 21, Corbin 20. isn't that a lot?
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            All that's needed are shorts to complete the look!

I like the uni's.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
              I bet this will make you like them better.

wait, no it won't.
              Of course, that's probably the same attitude every Pollock owner has right about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Is that a gradient I see? That puts them at the forefront of 90s web design.
                Yeah. I think it's supposed to look like scales, but I don't really see it.

Comment

• i'm a d'backs fan, but not of their new uniforms. i like the old purple and green ones.

the full 2016 set is here: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...forms-for-2016

i guess i get my purple/green ones (though it's the white version, not the solid purple one) on throwback thursday...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Segura went for 29 in our league. other weird DBack prices: SMiller 21, Corbin 20. isn't that a lot?
                    I'm a big fan of Corbin this year and got him for 18 in an 11-team NL-only. Segura went for 20 and Miller was a keeper at 15.

Comment

• on the d'backs new uniforms - the rockies announcers touched on it briefly just a bit ago. apparently for the d'backs first 7 games, it's a different uniform every game. the rockies announcers didn't like it much.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Is this the year Nick Ahmed isn't a total zero at the plate? He went undrafted in my 11-team NL-only and we have our first FAAB on Monday (first time ever actually, we just switched to FAAB this year). Is he worth more than a few dollar bid with $100 budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Is this the year Nick Ahmed isn't a total zero at the plate? He went undrafted in my 11-team NL-only and we have our first FAAB on Monday (first time ever actually, we just switched to FAAB this year). Is he worth more than a few dollar bid with $100 budget?
                          What are you other options.

Ours would be Ehire Adrianza so yes I would spend a few dollars to get him if I had a an injury.

Comment

• Other options include Greg Garcia, Brett Wallace, Matt Szczur, Ryan Raburn, Drew Stubbs...

Comment

• I basically had this grim choice at the DL replacement phase Sunday. I took Wallace because... ah, I panicked. I got nuthin.
                              also took Alejandro De Aza in the same phase. barely even embarrassed about that one.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Other options include Greg Garcia, Brett Wallace, Matt Szczur, Ryan Raburn, Drew Stubbs...
                                Raburn plays half of his games in Coors and several more in Chase. If you have to roster a shlub, it's best to get one that plays in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X