No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm worried about Walker. Forearm tightness is never good. No idea why they let him finish the inning. I'm hoping that is a good sign and not them letting him get more hurt.

Walker says this morning he is okay, but you never know until he throws hard again if his arm is right.

Comment

• Robbie Ray: 4 2/3 IP, 5 H, 3 BB, 3 ER, 11 K. What a line.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Robbie Ray: 4 2/3 IP, 5 H, 3 BB, 3 ER, 11 K. What a line.
        If I had to guess one pitcher in baseball that posted that line, I'd probably pick Ray, though it would make more sense if it was 5 BB and 3 hits.

Comment

• Didn't see this mentioned anywhere

Maricopa County will allow the team to leave Chase Field early in exchange for dropping its demands for the county to cover $187 million in upgrades.

The Arizona Diamondbacks can leave Chase Field and end the team's 20-year residence at the downtown Phoenix stadium as early as 2022, Maricopa County leaders decided Wednesday.

The county Board of Supervisors passed the agreement 4-1 a week after making the deal public, ending a longstanding lawsuit. It allows the team to immediately start looking for another home in exchange for dropping its demand for the county to pay up to $187 million in stadium upgrades.

Comment

• So, for those who need SB: Dyson in line for more AB with Pollock out?
            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
            UTIL- Benintendi
            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
            IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
              So, for those who need SB: Dyson in line for more AB with Pollock out?
              He burned me pretty bad when Souza was out...no thanks for me.

Comment

• He’s always been exposed with extended playing time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they called up Brito or even signed someone like Ethier to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle.

Comment

• Talk about stoooopid:

On Friday, Souza re-aggravated the pec injury that cost him 6 weeks. They said it was minor. He sits out three days before appearing as a PH last night. Good news, right? Today, they placed him back on the DL and now he’s expected to miss at least 3 weeks. LOL.

Comment

• seriously Zack Godley???

that's gonna leave a mark.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      seriously Zack Godley???

that's gonna leave a mark.
                      I'm worried about Godley. FB velo is down some. Results aren't there. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I'm worried about Godley. FB velo is down some. Results aren't there. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on with him?
                        Corbin's FB velocity is down too. Humidor??
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• so with Souza and Pollack back, this is another 4 for 3 OF spots with both Peralta and Jay out there. I know the popular thought is Jay becomes the 4th OF but with the others being injury-prone I can see this becoming the same headache model in Cincy, Milwaukee and LA.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            so with Souza and Pollack back, this is another 4 for 3 OF spots with both Peralta and Jay out there. I know the popular thought is Jay becomes the 4th OF but with the others being injury-prone I can see this becoming the same headache model in Cincy, Milwaukee and LA.
                            I agree. In a NL only league, though, I still hold onto Jay. All three of those other guys have extensive medical histories; I'd not be surprised to see Jay get nearly full-time ABs in that OF.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I agree. In a NL only league, though, I still hold onto Jay. All three of those other guys have extensive medical histories; I'd not be surprised to see Jay get nearly full-time ABs in that OF.
                              I agree with that. He may well play more than any of the other guys. The question is will he play well......

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                I agree with that. He may well play more than any of the other guys. The question is will he play well......
                                That's a legitimate question. I think he's a significant asset in an OBP league; he'll give you a good to great OBP and a decent run count. For a BA league, he's better as a platoon player than regular since he's very good against RHPs but nearly a cripple against LHPs (though his walk rate remains high).

But he has no power and doesn't run much anymore. As a result, I'd want him in a deep NL-only league and in a very deep mixed league (say, like 18-20 teams).
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X