2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Jake Lamb to the DL with shoulder issue...I wonder if this opens up some PT for Owings
    I would think Marrero and Descalso will play there for now. Owings has never played 3B at least in the majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      I would think Marrero and Descalso will play there for now. Owings has never played 3B at least in the majors.
      I was thinking more Marte/Ahmed at third.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I was thinking more Marte/Ahmed at third.
        Ahmed seems to be pretty locked in at SS right now.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• What has gotten into Patrick Corbin??

Comment

• Thanks for the jinx. I guess the ride is over

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              Thanks for the jinx. I guess the ride is over
              9 Ks in 5.1 IP, I'll take it every day from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                What has gotten into Patrick Corbin??
                He has shown skills before. Before his surgery, and in flashes after. Always liked him, but I'm betting he regresses. He has never shown the ability to be consistently great, at least not yet, and I don't think he will show it this year either. But obviously he is a guy who can toss out gems with the best of them from time to time and for stretches.

Comment

• Corbin is throwing like 60% sliders. It's working for him.

Yesterday's game was a road start, but I wonder if the ball grippiness aspects of the humidor is working better than the home run supressing part, at least so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    9 Ks in 5.1 IP, I'll take it every day from him.
                    Exactly -- we can't be greedy here. Corbin was cruising and had a bad inning. Seemed like he ran out of gas and stopped locating his pitches. He's not going to keep striking out 14 per 9 but he's certainly looking great.

Comment

• I was at the game yesterday and today. Corbin looked great until he lost his control. Ray... did not look great. Giving up a big HR to Posey, that happens, but he was at 100 pitches through 4 2/3 against a bad Giants lineup.

Other notes: Suarez and Beede both looked decent. Beede could be pretty good with a bit better control, Suarez got some strikeouts and didn't give up much contact, though what he did got crushed - only four hits and no walks, but that included a pair of no-doubt HRs from Goldschmidt and JR Murphy and a double off the wall from Ketel Marte right before he got pulled.

Longoria looks awful at the plate, so does Brandon Crawford.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Holy crap Ketel Marte looks good. I didn't get him enough places.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Holy crap Ketel Marte looks good. I didn't get him enough places.
                          Doesn't he look like the same guy he's been the last few years? I'm not seeing much to get excited for, at least in fantasy terms. Maybe I'm missing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Doesn't he look like the same guy he's been the last few years? I'm not seeing much to get excited for, at least in fantasy terms. Maybe I'm missing it.
                            I dunno, hard to say what numbers aren't small sample size at this point. I just think he looks good in the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I dunno, hard to say what numbers aren't small sample size at this point. I just think he looks good in the box.
                              yep, I watched several innings of the Ari-StL game earlier this week ... he certainly does look like he belongs
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Deven Marrero passed Alex Avila on the basepaths, nullifying a 3-run HR. Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X