No announcement yet.

2K17: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you rate Nunez PT? I'm thinking he should get the majority of the ABs at 3B even with Duffy coming back and spelling Crawford and Panik from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      How do you rate Nunez PT? I'm thinking he should get the majority of the ABs at 3B even with Duffy coming back and spelling Crawford and Panik from time to time.
      RotoWorld is speculating that Duffy will get his job at 3B back and Nunez will be a super utility guy. I could be wrong but I believe that Duffy is a very good defender at 3B. So I'm sure that has to come into play.

Giants acquired SS Eduardo Nunez from the Twins in exchange for LHP Adalberto Mejia.
      Nunez had drawn interest from a number of teams before this trade including the Indians. Nunez mostly played shortstop for Minnesota but he's also spent a fair amount at third base and even started a few games at second earlier this year. He'll likely begin his Giants tenure at the hot corner while Matt Duffy continues to recover from an Achilles injury. Nunez has had a career season, hitting .296 with 12 HR, 47 RBI and 26 steals. The 29-year-old should eventually settle into a super utility role for the Giants
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

This bodes well for Nunez and the Giants. Remember how well Bochy deployed Uribe, Fontenot, Theriot, and Arias, getting good production from pretty meh bats. Nunez is a cut above and, when he isn't covering an injury, he should get five starts a week, and be a late game replacement on at least one more. Bochy is very good at moving pieces around for the benefit of the team and the players. He'll put Nunez in places where he can succeed.

This is a good move, a very Giants-type move.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          you forgot Pollock
          Good call. He went for $22 in my league. Wasn't going to pay that much for a player for next year.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            This bodes well for Nunez and the Giants. Remember how well Bochy deployed Uribe, Fontenot, Theriot, and Arias, getting good production from pretty meh bats. Nunez is a cut above and, when he isn't covering an injury, he should get five starts a week, and be a late game replacement on at least one more. Bochy is very good at moving pieces around for the benefit of the team and the players. He'll put Nunez in places where he can succeed.

yep, Nunez seems to have more success vs RHP as well, so gives Bochy more tools to mix and match.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post

So, are they going to let him run?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                He would be a better presidential candidate than our current options.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Depends. Bochy picks his spots. No one is ever going to lead the league in steals on a Bochy-led team, but he's, perhaps, the best manager in the game and if he thinks the steal can turn the tide or put pressure on a struggling pitcher, or just capitalize on a pitcher when has trouble holding runners in place, he'll let them run.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    He would be a better presidential candidate than our current options.
                    Hard to argue there... but is Nunez a real "Bern"er?

Comment

Picked up Matt Cain, two home starts next week! (LAD, SD)

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Giants call up Christian Arroyo...any good takes on the guy? I could use a 3B in a couple NL leagues. Kind of disappointing (to me) that they didnt call up Hwang in this spot. They also called up Stubbs and dumped worthless Marrero.

Comment

.300 lifetime AVG in minors, .446 this year. is only 22
                          excuse me, I am about to add him
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

.300 lifetime AVG in minors, .446 this year. is only 22
                            excuse me, I am about to add him

crap, he's still in a rival's farm system. owner complained about him last year, I thought he dumped him
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is it time to not be so scared? He is looking half way decent this year.

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              Picked up Matt Cain, two home starts next week! (LAD, SD)

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Is it time to not be so scared? He is looking half way decent this year.
                                Is he?

His K% is at a career low (6.0/9) and his BB% is at an 8-year high (3.6/9), making his K/BB rate the worst of his career. He's a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X