No announcement yet.

2K17: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Bumgarner debacle and the massacre at Coors Field, the Giants should just bag this season and reload for next year.

Thoughts?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      After the Bumgarner debacle and the massacre at Coors Field, the Giants should just bag this season and reload for next year.

Thoughts?
      It's an odd numbered year, I assumed they had already conceded.

Comment

They're an odd team. They are very deep and very good and bringing in useful pieces, and so if any team can overcome these losses, it would be them. That said, I'm not putting money on them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          They're an odd team. They are very deep and very good and bringing in useful pieces, and so if any team can overcome these losses, it would be them. That said, I'm not putting money on them.
          They'll be fine if/when they fill the gaping hole in left and find an acceptable substitute for Bumgarner. Moore and Samardzija can't possibly be this bad all year.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

There is an article on fangraphs on this very subject.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
              There is an article on fangraphs on this very subject.
              Heh. I just gave it a read - they sure are impressed with the Dodgers. I think LA is beatable this year. The rotation looks paper thin to me, even with Urias in reserve, and with $240 million already committed to payroll, how much more will they be willing to spend to patch holes?

Comment

might be worth putting $10 down in Vegas on a SanFran-Toronto world series matchup
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

They'll be fine if/when they fill the gaping hole in left and find an acceptable substitute for Bumgarner. Moore and Samardzija can't possibly be this bad all year.
                  Oh, Samardzjia can come pretty close. Even if his HR/9 rate drops back down to his recent norm of 1.2 or so instead of 1.8, a little bit of BABIP bad luck and he's a 5 ERA pitcher with a FIP between 4.2-4.3.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Is he?

His K% is at a career low (6.0/9) and his BB% is at an 8-year high (3.6/9), making his K/BB rate the worst of his career. He's a ticking time bomb.
                    I rest my case.

Comment

Ignominious Hat Trick:
                      Going by B-R WAR, the Giants have performed the worst this year at each of LF, CF and RF.
                      Collectively, their OF is rated as 6.4 wins below the average MLB team (next worst is SD at -3.3).
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

OK, maybe Matt Moore can be this bad all year...

Comment

OK, maybe Matt Moore can be this bad all year...
                          Somehow I'm in first in my NL only with him, Amir Garrett and Glasnow.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Funniest thing that I've read in a while...Ken Rosenthal had a column on the Giants clubhouse chemistry, and said that one of the problems is that they miss Angel Pagan. They miss him because they all apparently hated him, so it brought the clubhouse together. Now that he's gone...not so much.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Funniest thing that I've read in a while...Ken Rosenthal had a column on the Giants clubhouse chemistry, and said that one of the problems is that they miss Angel Pagan. They miss him because they all apparently hated him, so it brought the clubhouse together. Now that he's gone...not so much.
                              That was one of the most bizarre articles I've read. Of course, there was that whole Bonds-Kent thing...
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                That was one of the most bizarre articles I've read. Of course, there was that whole Bonds-Kent thing...
                                LOL...maybe they'll go on a run now that Melancon is out, and they can all stretch together. Yeah, for those who didn't read the article, that was a supposed thing with the Giants, Melancon wanted his own stretching routine and time, instead of group stretch.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X