2K17: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Don't look now, but the Giants are 31-9 in their last 40 games.
    And check the calendar... yup, it's an even-numbered year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      And check the calendar... yup, it's an even-numbered year.
      I read this is the best 40 game stretch in the Giants history

Comment

Don't look now, but the Giants are 31-9 in their last 40 games.
        And they have been without Hunter Pence since June 1.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          And Buster Posey is having a terrible season.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Anyone know when he's due back?
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Anyone know when he's due back?
              No time soon. The expectation is he will be back before the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he is back before September.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                No time soon. The expectation is he will be back before the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he is back before September.
                Ugh. I have him, Parra, Peralta and Duffy all hurt right now in my NL only league. Not fun to replace those guys with Ramiro Pena, Rickie Weeks, Stephen Drew and Chase d'Arnaud. At least d'Arnaud has been solid.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Just heard better news on RotoWorld:

Hunter Pence (hamstring) hit on the field on Saturday.
                  He's trending toward a return later this month after undergoing hamstring surgery in early June. Pence "amped up" his activity Saturday but he still isn't ready for explosive movements. He was off to a good start before the injury, hitting .298 with seven homers in 181 at-bats.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Bumgarner is killing me....I had victory in hand in my h2h league with an extra bet on the line for the series, by a wide margin, and his continued perfect game with crazy K totals is getting close to eating my lead away. I hope my public acknowledgement of his ongoing perfection acts as a jinx.

Comment

Since I ruined Bumgarner's perfecto (whether he pitches the 9th or not, my series is still up in the air because of him), I'll make up for it for pointing out Pence is recovering much faster than expected. He looks like he could be back soon after the AS break.

Comment

Giants acquire Eduardo Nunez from the Twins for pitching prospect Adalberto Mejia.

Comment

Just heard better news on RotoWorld:

Hunter Pence (hamstring) hit on the field on Saturday.
                          He's trending toward a return later this month after undergoing hamstring surgery in early June. Pence "amped up" his activity Saturday but he still isn't ready for explosive movements. He was off to a good start before the injury, hitting .298 with seven homers in 181 at-bats.
                          Pence may get back before August after all. Rotoworld says he may be back as early as Saturday.

Comment

Giants acquire Eduardo Nunez from the Twins for pitching prospect Adalberto Mejia.
                            Gotta think that's bad news for Duffy's recovery, right? Granted he wasn't doing that great when he was healthy. Still bad news all the same.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Pence may get back before August after all. Rotoworld says he may be back as early as Saturday.
                              Saw the news, it's about time. I am tired of looking at him, Parra and Peralta on my DL. Bad year to draft outfielders in the P section of the alphabet.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Saw the news, it's about time. I am tired of looking at him, Parra and Peralta on my DL. Bad year to draft outfielders in the P section of the alphabet.
                                you forgot Pollock

Comment

Working...
                                X