Quintana
    Arroyo
    Nolasco
    Hughes
    Roark
    Buehrle
    Morrow

etc
    Quintana Morrow or Roark would be my choice. All are upgrades over Timmah at this point.

Comment

Matt Cain off to the DL.
      But is there more to this?
      Lost his mojo?
      Wasn't very good last year by his standards and he's regressed even more this year.
      What's up?

Comment

Seems he's off to chat to Dr. Andrews...

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
          Seems he's off to chat to Dr. Andrews...
          Yeah, the word here is Cain is likely out for the rest of 2014, and perhaps much beyond that. The most logical guesses right now are bone chip surgery or TJ, the former keeping him out until the start of next year, and the latter... well, you know all about that.

Comment

Is Cain worth holding on to at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Is Cain worth holding on to at this point?
              Personally, I think he has more in the tank, but I can understand cutting bait on him now.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Heh.
                Haha. You know, now that I think about it, I don't know if there is any pitcher in baseball that cares less about getting a no-no than Madison Bumgarner. He just wants wins.

Comment

Nori Aoki was diagnosed with a fractured right fibula, and will probably miss 2+ months.

Comment

Justin Maxwell to see nearly all the atbats or is there a minor league option on the way to take over?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Nori Aoki was diagnosed with a fractured right fibula, and will probably miss 2+ months.
                      I was listening to that game, they kept him in after he got on base and he had to run the bases including tagging on a sac fly...ouch.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Giants were so close to obtaining Hamels that he'd already waived his no-trade clause to go there.
                        Interesting. What did the Giants have to offer (aside from Duvall and Crick)?

Comment

Well, while their farm system kind of sucks, they have some pretty great, controllable players at the major league level: Crawford, Panik, Belt, Hector Sanchez, Duffy. They also have Susac, Beede, and Crick in the minors. I'm sure some combination of those guys would be pretty appealing for the Phils. I'd guess they'd have to throw in major league talent. But in the end, obviously they couldn't match what the Rangers brought to the table.
                          I have to think it was Susac (Phils desperately needed a catcher), Crick, and more.

Comment

Phils made catcher their biggest priority in shopping Hamels around, so Susac would absolutely have to have been included. Likewise, a Cubs deal would have required Schwarber and a Red Sox deal would have required Swihart.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Some dude named Jarrett Parker hit 3 HRs last night and has 6 HRs in 27 ABs. I guess if you need some pop this last week, he's your guy.

Comment

Don't look now, but the Giants are 31-9 in their last 40 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X