2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    What is the prognosis for alex cobb's return? Immediately into the rotation? And when, end of May or some time in June ?
    Though it is way too early for the always cautious Rays to set a return date, Cobb is looking at the July 11-14 break as a good mile marker. Plus, Cobb figures that since teammate Matt Moore had his surgery about three weeks earlier the previous year and returned the following July 2, he should be ready before the calendar flips to August.

"It's not my target, but it's pretty close," Cobb said. "You'll really be able to have a good gauge on what the path will look like."
    PORT CHARLOTTE — Alex Cobb was feeling on top of the mornin' when he pulled up to Clearwater's Bright House Field last St. Patrick's Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      What is the prognosis for alex cobb's return? Immediately into the rotation? And when, end of May or some time in June ?
      August 1st is realistic

I wouldn't even waste a roster spot on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        August 1st is realistic

I wouldn't even waste a roster spot on him.
        yeah, but next year...

Comment

• I did waste a $1 roster spot on him in my AL only. Maybe he's mid-season trade bait, maybe he's a cheap ace (?) for me in 2017.

Comment

• If HBPs were a roto category, Brandon Guyer might be a 1st round pick.

Comment

• Blake Snell being recalled for tomorrow's start.

Comment

• I saw that. Its just a spot start, correct? Is he worth dropping a Giolito/Glasnow for?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                  I saw that. Its just a spot start, correct? Is he worth dropping a Giolito/Glasnow for?
                  I assume this is a redraft or all three would be rostered and never dropped. Hmm, in a redraft Glawnow might be safe to drop for him. Glasnow is going to be great, but I don't know if he ends up with much time i the majors this year. But he and Gioltio are arguably the top two pitching prospects in the world, and both have a shot of coming up this year--is there anyone else you could drop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I assume this is a redraft or all three would be rostered and never dropped. Hmm, in a redraft Glawnow might be safe to drop for him. Glasnow is going to be great, but I don't know if he ends up with much time i the majors this year. But he and Gioltio are arguably the top two pitching prospects in the world, and both have a shot of coming up this year--is there anyone else you could drop?
                    Too late lol. someone picked him up first. I dont think I was dropping Gio for him anyway. I also have Trea Turner who I could have dropped, but I need the help when he comes up. Im rocking Baez at 2B atm

Comment

• I mentioned this in another thread, but in a SV+HD league with 3 RP slots, I've been running out Colome as a 4th RP in hopes of gaining an advantage. Do you guys think im on to something or is it not worth the roster spot?

Comment

• Logan Forsythe with a hairline fracture in his shoulder, and will miss at least the next three weeks.

Comment

• Blake Snell to be recalled, seemingly permanently, on Thursday, bumping Matt Andriese from the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Blake Snell to be recalled, seemingly permanently, on Thursday, bumping Matt Andriese from the rotation.
                            Vacationing back in Florida this coming week and already had tickets in hand for the game Thursday. Woot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Andriese, who is 5-0 with a 2.82 ERA. Sigh.
                              Not to worry. Smyly's DL stint must be coming soon.....because he's Drew Smyly.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Andriese, who is 5-0 with a 2.82 ERA. Sigh.
                                Yeah, he's been one of my best pitchers (it hasn't been a good season). Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X