No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Hanley is injured again...wonder if even a full time DH job would keep him healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Please don't be hurt badly. Please don't be hurt badly. Please don't be hurt badly.
      I have Hanley and Reyes both on the same team figuring I would always have 1 available and 1 injured. Silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        MRI comes up clean. Phew. I imagine he'll miss a few days, regardless.
        looks like at least a week, with a DL stint possible.

Comment

• How long before the Red Sox call-up Eduardo Rodriguez, 3-0 with a 1.82 earned run average at Triple-A in Pawtucket

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
            How long before the Red Sox call-up Eduardo Rodriguez, 3-0 with a 1.82 earned run average at Triple-A in Pawtucket
            Cherington says Sox expect five current members of the rotation to keep taking their turn. No changes to starting five

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              Cherington says Sox expect five current members of the rotation to keep taking their turn. No changes to starting five

https://twitter.com/alexspeier/statu...80016922984448
              Blame the pitching coach for not getting more out of the crappy starters:

The Red Sox fired pitching coach Juan Nieves on Thursday in the midst of his third season with the team.

The Red Sox, in last place in the American League East, have a 5.54 ERA by their starters and the team ERA is 4.86.

“We’ve been in the process of examining our overall pitching performance. I think, as everyone knows, there’s a lot that goes into pitching performance, starting with the pitchers themselves. There’s a lot of different factors that come into play when looking at why things are happening well or not well. And given the performance that we’ve had to date, we’ve been looking at all of those things and while we’re confident that we have many of the pieces in place to improve and that we will see improvement, [manager] John [Farrell] and I simply got to a point where we felt that in order to continue to push forward and make improvement we needed to make a change and add a different voice in that particular position,” Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington said.
              he weight of the Red Sox’ early season struggles with their starting rotation ultimately fell on pitching coach Juan Nieves, who was fired Thursday.

Comment

• Allen Craig's downward spiral continues as he's demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  I'm guessing Swihart is up to stay for at least 2 months, right? Hanigan is on the 60 day DL. I have him as a minor leaguer and per our league rules if he's up for three weeks I have to activate him. I'm trying to decide if I should burn his minor league status. I have Thole and McCann (sadly, James, not Brian) as my two catchers so I could definitely use some help at C. It's a 12 team AL only. I read that they are not interested in Salty but I imagine that if a trade presented itself they would do it. It's just a question of whether that happens in the next three weeks.
                  Looks like he's starting to find his way at the plate; .294 AVG in the last week (5 games). With Salty signed I'm thinking he's probably up for longer than three weeks. My deadline is this Saturday to activate him or lose him and obviously I'm not going to lose him. I guess the question is, should I wait the five or six days and see what happens or activate him now? I'm going for it so I'm thinking about activating him now. Thole has been a waste of a roster spot.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Why is Castillo still in the minors????

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                      Why is Castillo still in the minors????
                      He returned from a shoulder injury last week. Any chance he's up this month? I'm figuring by July.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Brock Holt hits for the first Red Sox cycle since 1996!

Comment

• Steven Wright, Red Sox knuckleballer (sound familiar?) with two nice starts in a row. Anything to see here?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Red Sox obliterated Felix and the Mariners today. It's 22-6 after eight, Felix gave up ten in 2.1 innings. Jackie Bradley Jr. with one of the best hitting days of the year in MLB: 5 for 6 with three doubles, 2 HR (one off Felix), 7 RBI.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              Red Sox obliterated Felix and the Mariners today. It's 22-6 after eight, Felix gave up ten in 2.1 innings. Jackie Bradley Jr. with one of the best hitting days of the year in MLB: 5 for 6 with three doubles, 2 HR (one off Felix), 7 RBI.
                              This comes a day after beating the M's 15-1.

Boston Massacre (baseball version), Part Deux. This time it amounts to nothing more than a hill of beans.
                              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                Red Sox obliterated Felix and the Mariners today. It's 22-6 after eight, Felix gave up ten in 2.1 innings. Jackie Bradley Jr. with one of the best hitting days of the year in MLB: 5 for 6 with three doubles, 2 HR (one off Felix), 7 RBI.
                                26 hits today. Yesterday they had 21 hits and 15 runs, it is just crazy
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X