2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins said Friday that OF Lourdes Gurriel will receive reps at first base and third base this spring.
    Sweet. I have him at $18 in my AL only and multi position capabilities would be nice.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins said Friday that OF Lourdes Gurriel will receive reps at first base and third base this spring.
      this + some other snippets make me think that some of the comments about the Jays wanting to go with a nine man bullpen are correct; that would only leave three position players on the bench (+1 C) ... I could see a scenario where SPs are told they'll only go thru the lineups twice - then handing it off to the MRs (Chatwood, Stripling, Merryweather) before the shorter guys take over (Phelps, Dolin, Romano, Yates). After all, Jays manager Charlie Montoyo came from the Tampa org.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        this + some other snippets make me think that some of the comments about the Jays wanting to go with a nine man bullpen are correct; that would only leave three position players on the bench (+1 C) ... I could see a scenario where SPs are told they'll only go thru the lineups twice - then handing it off to the MRs (Chatwood, Stripling, Merryweather) before the shorter guys take over (Phelps, Dolin, Romano, Yates). After all, Jays manager Charlie Montoyo came from the Tampa org.
        Intriguing. Stripling has done really well in that MR/multi-inning role before, and if Montoyo pulls pitchers early, Stripling sure seems like a good AL-only play.

Comment

• Vlad says that he lost 42 pounds this off-season and.... "It was fun, wasn’t difficult."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Springer with a Grade 2 oblique strain. The Jays are downplaying it, but is this a yellow alert or a red alert?

Comment

Vlad says that he lost 42 pounds this off-season and.... "It was fun, wasn’t difficult."
              BeSt ShApE oF hIs LiFe
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Vlad says that he lost 42 pounds this off-season and.... "It was fun, wasn’t difficult."
                Are weight loss pills PEDs?

Comment

• George Springer has an oblique strain, so now they can fit all of Rowdy, Teoscar, Vlad, Grichuk and Gurriel into the lineup. Maybe this allows them to put all of Kirk, McGuire and Jansen on their opening day roster.

Comment

• What a golden opportunity Tellez is pissing away here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      What a golden opportunity Tellez is pissing away here.
                      yeah ... I think everyone wants him to be better than he really is ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

yeah ... I think everyone wants him to be better than he really is ...

2019-20: 146 games, 29 HR.

2021: 0-15, 5 K.

Does anybody honestly believe this is indicative of anything for Tellez's future?
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Does anybody honestly believe this is indicative of anything for Tellez's future?
                          Tellez will eventually start hitting. Even the best players will have a horrible week at some point during the season. It's just so easy to give up on a player when he has that horrible week at the beginning of April. Even after 20+ seasons of playing fantasy baseball, i still have to fight the urge to drop players who have a bad first week in April. But, i agree that his window to seize the DH spot in the lineup is closing fast. Springer could return as soon as Thursday, and Tellez may start losing at bats to Grichuk.
                          Last edited by madducks; 04-07-2021, 10:18 AM.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This is absolutely indicative of his chances of losing the job to Grichuk as soon as Springer comes back. How could it not be?

Comment

no, of course not a 15 AB sample size ... but I guess it comes down to which is more representative, his 2020 BA - .283, or his 2019 BA - .227 ... I'd love to see him turn it on, but as madducks points out I do think he's at risk of losing ABs

Comment

no, of course not a 15 AB sample size ... but I guess it comes down to which is more representative, his 2020 BA - .283, or his 2019 BA - .227 ... I'd love to see him turn it on, but as madducks points out I do think he's at risk of losing ABs
                                I think at the end of the season, Tellez will have more value than Grichuk. But, Grichuk looks like he is on his way to having more value than Tellez in April. In other words, it's a long season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X