No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever fragile and totally useless Josh Donaldson has suffered yet another setback and will be out another 3 to 4 weeks after aggravating his calf injury. He did this by simply fielding ground balls. Damn you Donaldson...damn you.

Comment

• Gibbons says Osuna will close upon his return.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts on Ryan Borucki? He wasn't on my prospect radar due to low K rate, but he was thrown right into the fire against Houston, Detroit, and NYY, and has had a very good start to his MLB career. Is he worthy of more attention/consideration?

Comment

• He's a pretty highly regarded prospect up here, had been targeted for the rotation next spring. You're right, he won't K a ton, but the hope is that he should turn into a solid middle of the rotation guy.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Anyone have any thoughts on Ryan Borucki? He wasn't on my prospect radar due to low K rate, but he was thrown right into the fire against Houston, Detroit, and NYY, and has had a very good start to his MLB career. Is he worthy of more attention/consideration?
            Short term, I'd be very leery. He was walking over 3/9 IP at Buffalo with a K rate of under 7/9 IP, and I don't think that low hit rate he had at Buffalo is sustainable, either.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Sean Reid-Foley and Danny Jansen up. Both have been impressive this year - Jansen has a .400 OBP over the last two years as a catcher, and Reid-Foley has an ERA around 3 and 10 K/9 between AA and AAA this year.

In other news, Vlad is hitting .395/.489/.763 with 4 HR and twice as many walks as strikeouts in his first 12 games at AAA.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• The Jays have to be asking themselves “WTF happened to Aaron Sanchez and Marcus Stroman?”

And BTW, 6 of their 9 starting hitters had an OBP under .300.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The Jays have to be asking themselves “WTF happened to Aaron Sanchez and Marcus Stroman?”

no kidding, the plan has been to build the next-gen rotation around those two, but the way things are going I could see both of them gone next year ... the kids are looking like there will be enough to cobble together a 2-5 (there will be $ for an ace when we're competitive again) - Borucki, Reid-Foley, Pannone, Gaviglio, Pearson (missed most of this year with a broken arm from a comebacker, not joint but mid-arm ... he will be good to go in the AFL) ... there's hope.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    The Jays have to be asking themselves “WTF happened to Aaron Sanchez and Marcus Stroman?”

Sanchez would be an intriguing reclamation project. And an IF of Biggio-Bichette-Vlad sure looks pretty good compared to the out machines they're trotting out there right now.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• from the "that's embarrassing" dept ... today's MLB scoreboard for the Tor-Bal game lists the team leader for Tor as "J. Smoak .248 AVG"

Comment

• Jays about to hire Charlie Montoyo as new manager (former bench coach for Tampa)

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Jays about to hire Charlie Montoyo as new manager (former bench coach for Tampa)
                          I wonder if inigo and Charlie are brothers

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            I wonder if inigo and Charlie are brothers

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              Jays about to hire Charlie Montoyo as new manager (former bench coach for Tampa)
                              Done deal.

I bet this one has the Jay's fans thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Done deal.

I bet this one has the Jay's fans thrilled.
                                I don't know a ton about him but it seems that he'll be a good fit, in particular for mentoring the young players coming up

Comment

Working...
                                X