2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    Chance Adams is 4-0 with an 0.64 ERA in 28 innings at AA. 1.00 WHIP though because he walks too many guys.
    I've been watching Adams closely this year. He looks like he's ready for a promotion to AAA at minimum.

Comment

• Judge with two more today

I read that Hicks is now the full time cf, ellsbury is the swing guy once he returns from the dl.

Comment

• Top prospect Gleyber Torres needs TJ surgery and is out for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Top prospect Gleyber Torres needs TJ surgery and is out for the year.
          Is he worth acquiring for next year?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Is he worth acquiring for next year?
            I think position players recover much quicker from TJ surgery, so sure!

Comment

• Sure, but I doubt he gets much of a discount.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I think position players recover much quicker from TJ surgery, so sure!
                they say 6-ish months for position players. Rocco Baldelli had a June TJ surgery in 2006 and played 92 games in 2006. Jose Canseco had a June 1993 surgery and played in 111 games the next season. Wieters had a June 2014 surgery but played in just 75 games the next season. My concern with Torres is that as an infielder, he needs to make more throws than an outfielder, and as a corner infielder those throws need to be strong ones. I am not sure he's ready to begin 2018.

EDIT -- it's his non-throwing arm. Would believe that keeps the recovery at 6 months

Comment

• Carter DFA'd, Tyler Austin called up.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Clint Frazier getting the call

Comment

• #29 today for Judge, tying the Yanks' rookie record set by Joltin Joe.

Comment

• funny that I have expected the Yankees SPs to fall to earth. they have, mostly, but they are actually underperforming their HQ xERAs. that should be encouraging for fans, but I still have a feeling they won't quite get there.

meanwhile, the Yankees hitters fared ok, too, in "reality vs perception." might not surprise anyone that none of the slew of .300 hitters is likely to finish there, or that Judge has the biggest "fall" likely. but a $38 first half and a $22 second half, if that happens is a $30 season not even counting defense.

they buy Judge's power more than AVG but a LOT. if you're barely ahead of numerous teams right now and contending, shoot for that boring back-end AVG upgrade that won't be a deal-killer but could be a subtle key.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• OMG, please get some help for the BBullpen. I think Girardi may have finally killed BBetances.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            OMG, please get some help for the BBullpen. I think Girardi may have finally killed BBetances.
                            They've pretty much ransacked Scranton Wilkes-Barre, so there's no real help left there. This team is in a tailspin and they're going to have to decide if they're staying in it or sticking with the original rebuilding plan.

Comment

They've pretty much ransacked Scranton Wilkes-Barre, so there's no real help left there. This team is in a tailspin and they're going to have to decide if they're staying in it or sticking with the original rebuilding plan.
                              Chance Adams, maybe? Although he's not on the 40-man. They've got so many college arms/quad AAA guys turned SPs turned back into RPs and not really finding a home (Warren, Mitchell, Holder, Chad Green, Tyler Webb, even Shreve). Girardi needs to find a couple of them he likes. Or Cash needs to trade for someone before the Nats get them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Chance Adams, maybe? Although he's not on the 40-man. They've got so many college arms/quad AAA guys turned SPs turned back into RPs and not really finding a home (Warren, Mitchell, Holder, Chad Green, Tyler Webb, even Shreve). Girardi needs to find a couple of them he likes. Or Cash needs to trade for someone before the Nats get them all.
                                Adams has been great, but he still only has 50 or so innings above AA.

Comment

Working...
                                X