No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if a player gets 3,000 hits but no one cares, did he really get 3,000 hits?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      What if a player gets 3,000 hits but no one cares, did he really get 3,000 hits?
      And hit #3000 is a home run off of Verlander. If a lucky fan caught #3000, they'll care all the way to the bank.
      Last edited by madducks; 06-19-2015, 09:56 PM. Reason: Verlander
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        And hit #3000 is a home run off of Verlander. If a lucky fan caught #3000, they'll care all the way to the bank.
        The "lucky fan" who caught the ball is a well-known "how to catch a ball at a game" collector and author. There's some choice words about him catching the ball among the Yankee faithful.

Comment

The "lucky fan" who caught the ball is a well-known "how to catch a ball at a game" collector and author. There's some choice words about him catching the ball among the Yankee faithful.
          Ballhawk.jpg

Yahoo:
          "He's been on the receiving end of several notable milestones over the years, including Mike Trout’s first major league home run on July 24, 2011 at Camden Yards. He also caught Barry Bonds' 724th career home run at Petco Park in 2006, and over the years has caught several balls at the Home Run Derby in numerous locations.

Now he adds Alex Rodriguez's 3,000th hit, which should prove to be the most valuable of them all."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]641[/ATTACH]

Yahoo:
            "He's been on the receiving end of several notable milestones over the years, including Mike Trout’s first major league home run on July 24, 2011 at Camden Yards. He also caught Barry Bonds' 724th career home run at Petco Park in 2006, and over the years has caught several balls at the Home Run Derby in numerous locations.

Now he adds Alex Rodriguez's 3,000th hit, which should prove to be the most valuable of them all."
            I assume he has no job to be able to make this such an obsession. Still, I had no idea there was such a science to it. It's kind of amazing that one person can figure out how to be where he needs to be so many times. It's sort of pathetic at the same time, but if they guy is retired or independently wealthy, I guess there are worse ways to while away the brief blink we exist on this mote of dust we call home, drifting through the cosmos.

Comment

• He sounds like a total douche as well...instead of being a decent human being, he's playing the insufferable prick card, and playing it well. Too bad someone didn't elbow him in the kidney and take the ball from him...not that I'm advocating violence, but just sayin'...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                He sounds like a total douche as well...instead of being a decent human being, he's playing the insufferable prick card, and playing it well. Too bad someone didn't elbow him in the kidney and take the ball from him...not that I'm advocating violence, but just sayin'...
                I hear you though he just pwned the ditz interviewing him on ESPN. I must admit my opinion of him went up.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• What are the chances severino gets the call any time soon?

We are able to send down called up minor leaguers at the ASB. I need to send down Norris and Matz, and I plan on calling up Wisler. I don't want to cut someone else, so I was thinking of calling up Severino. Will he pitch in the majors before Matz will again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    What are the chances severino gets the call any time soon?

We are able to send down called up minor leaguers at the ASB. I need to send down Norris and Matz, and I plan on calling up Wisler. I don't want to cut someone else, so I was thinking of calling up Severino. Will he pitch in the majors before Matz will again?
                    It's possible. He's been dominating at SWB, but not sure the Yanks have the cojones to remove the weak link (i.e. Sabathia) from their rotation to make room?

Comment

• For what it is worth:

CBS reported on July 10th that an AL scout said that Severino probably will not debut until 2016. He has an electric fastball but needs to work on his secondary pitches.

I have been offered him straight up for an $8 this year and next Montgomery. Unfortunately Severino is $15 when activated (looses rookie status). Tempting but I am thinking I have to put him in a deal to get a ready now player.

Comment

It's possible. He's been dominating at SWB, but not sure the Yanks have the cojones to remove the weak link (i.e. Sabathia) from their rotation to make room?
                        If they didn't remove CC from the rotation when Nova came back they won't do it for Severino. That's my feeling anyway. They took Warren, who is leaps and bounds better than CC at this point out of the rotation instead.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• yeah, the Yankees seem to want to sparingly use CC in rotation all year. kind of weird, but if he shows any sign of a pulse, he may still linger.

by all accounts he's a class act and a good teammate, but it's the last franchise you might guess doing charity. They do have a ton of 1 pcters in the luxury suites who don't play close attention, and demoting CC could make them notice before next year's commitments renew - wow, right about now, iirc.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            If they didn't remove CC from the rotation when Nova came back they won't do it for Severino. That's my feeling anyway. They took Warren, who is leaps and bounds better than CC at this point out of the rotation instead.
                            I agree about 99%. I do think the fact that Warren is actually good at pitching out of the bullpen had a little bit to do with it.

Comment

• What do people think about Refsnyder for the rest of the season? Is he worth rostering? AL 10 team only. Keeper value for next year? He popped his first HR in game #2 but even admitted himself in the postgame interview that he doesn't have much power and the HR was kind of a surprise. Still if he can put up a .275 avg and get on base with a few RBIs and Rs in the mix he should hold some value (over JD Drew), right?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                I agree about 99%. I do think the fact that Warren is actually good at pitching out of the bullpen had a little bit to do with it.
                                That's true about Warren's ability out of the pen, though he didn't show that in the series against Boston this weekend.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X