No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that correct? He only threw 6 (SIX!!!) fastballs out of 82 total pitches yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
      Is that correct? He only threw 6 (SIX!!!) fastballs out of 82 total pitches yesterday?
      The article says 26.

Of his 82 pitches on Monday, Tanaka threw only 26 fastballs, and all but a handful of them were two-seamers in the 89-90-mph range.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        The article says 26.
        yankee apologist.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Can you old timers say Frank Tanana? But that would be in about 18 months...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Can you old timers say Frank Tanana? But that would be in about 18 months...
            For sure. Tanana in his prime was awesome.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• from a 1985 LA Times story:

"In 1977, Tanana had pitched 14 consecutive complete games when he was sidelined for almost two weeks by an inflamed tendon in his left arm, his pitching arm. He returned to the rotation, but his arm was exhausted. After Sept. 5, he was unable to pitch for the rest of the year."

tough break to be pitching so well and then - for no apparent reason that I can see - his arm wore out.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                from a 1985 LA Times story:

"In 1977, Tanana had pitched 14 consecutive complete games when he was sidelined for almost two weeks by an inflamed tendon in his left arm, his pitching arm. He returned to the rotation, but his arm was exhausted. After Sept. 5, he was unable to pitch for the rest of the year."

tough break to be pitching so well and then - for no apparent reason that I can see - his arm wore out.
                Those 14 games included one 10 IP and one 11 IP game...
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• In addition to the concerns about Tanaka, CC Sabathia appears to be just about done. Looking at his PitchFx charts so far this young season, his fastball is all but shot. Not only is his velocity down 2.2 mph from last season's low (and a whopping 9 mph from his 2008 high), but it's not fooling hitters one bit: 100% of fastballs that were swung at made contact. At this point, he's basically relying on curves, changes and sliders, where he's sitting between 79-88. I don't see this as a recipe for success.

Comment

• It's a weird feeling, but i find myself rooting for ARod to have a good season and stick it to the Yankees and MLB after their failed attempts to make him go away. It will be interesting to see if the Yankees put up a fight paying ARod the $6 million bonus for home run #660 (needs 4 more) which would tie him with Willie Mays.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "It will be interesting to see if the Yankees put up a fight paying ARod the $6 million bonus for home run #660 (needs 4 more) which would tie him with Willie Mays."

Hint: in the press room pre-game notes, it lists lots of silly "milestones" for players that are imminent - but not HR 660. game on.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Recent report suggesting Yankees signaled strong interest in Jose Peraza of the Braves. Maybe they will send Arod and money. (Kidding)

Wonder if they do have the prospects or major league talent to make that happen. I just drafted Aaron Judge in our AL league, so figures he would be included (murphy's law).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Recent report suggesting Yankees signaled strong interest in Jose Peraza of the Braves. Maybe they will send Arod and money. (Kidding)

Wonder if they do have the prospects or major league talent to make that happen. I just drafted Aaron Judge in our AL league, so figures he would be included (murphy's law).
                          Just read that and it seems a little bizarre considering the Braves are in an all-out dump for prospects just like Peraza. I would assume the Yanks would have to deal similarly ranked prospects for him (i.e. Severino, Judge, Bird), but I doubt they have the firepower to land him though. This can't be a Kimbrel-like deal because the Braves don't have any turrble contracts to want to shed any longer, like they did with Upton.

Comment

• ARod with 2 more homers tonight! One of them a 471 ft bomb!
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• for the out of towners, the Yankees radio announcer likes to call them "an A-bomb from A-Rod!"

and he once accidentally used the phrase when Hideki Matsui HR'd, which was - more unfortunate.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• I've been TRYING to forget that John Sterling exists.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X