2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    I'm good with less than a season's suspension--IF he declares fully and unambiguously that he used PEDs. No Jason Giambi apology for unspecified violations.
    That'll never happen...and BTW, he's still never officially failed a test, to my knowledge. Which really leads one to wonder just how sophisticated the testing process is.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      That'll never happen...and BTW, he's still never officially failed a test, to my knowledge. Which really leads one to wonder just how sophisticated the testing process is.
      It's not really a secret that the technology of PEDs has always outpaced the technology of the tests for PEDs.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Vernon Wells was DFA'd today.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Vernon Wells was DFA'd today.
          Shocking!
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
            It's not really a secret that the technology of PEDs has always outpaced the technology of the tests for PEDs.
            I'm aware of that, but it's the level of tech that the PED users must have that still shocks me. They randomly test these guys all the time, and they very rarely ever catch anyone...usually it's just some poor Latin minor leaguer, or a kid taking Adderall...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The Yankees have signed Scott Sizemore to a minor league deal. He's 29 and missed the last two seasons with ACL tears in his left knee. They also signed IF Yangervis Solarte, who played for Texas' AAA team all of last year.

Talks with Mark Reynolds have stalled, as the Yankees apparently are offering "only" a minor league deal.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

• From Rotoworld--

"FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that the Yankees have "made a trade inquiry to the Padres about their infield depth," with Logan Forsythe being the "most realistic target."
                Morosi notes that the Yankees' farm system is "not strong enough to acquire Chase Headley." Forsythe would make sense, though, as he could platoon with Kelly Johnson at third base and also provide an option at second. The 27-year-old batted just .214/.281/.332 over 75 games last season while battling plantar fasciitis, but he hit a much better .273/.343/.390 the year prior."

Given the health issues of Sizemore and Roberts and the inconsistency of Kelly Johnson and Nunez (who may be needed at SS anyways), this wouldn't be a bad pickup. The question, as usual for the Yankees, is what they have to offer for him.

-- William James

Comment

• More from Rotoworld--

"CC Sabathia’s trainer, T.J. Lopez, told Mike Puma of the New York Post that the veteran left-hander hasn't lost weight this winter.
                  Sabathia looked rather slender in a recent Instagram photo from his wife, but Lopez said that the focus this offseason has been on building muscle and not weight loss. "He’s staying right around 270 or 275 [pounds], and that’s what he was this regular season," said Lopez. "But this offseason we really focused on putting on muscle, doing it the right way, focus on his diet, more protein in his diet. He obviously looks great, and hopefully it shows on the field." Sabathia is motivated to bounce back after posting a disappointing 4.78 ERA and 175/65 K/BB ratio over 211 innings last season. The 33-year-old is still under contract through at least 2016 for a guaranteed $76 million."

But is he in the BSOHL?

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I'm aware of that, but it's the level of tech that the PED users must have that still shocks me. They randomly test these guys all the time, and they very rarely ever catch anyone...usually it's just some poor Latin minor leaguer, or a kid taking Adderall...
                    Without the biological passport, it's pretty much child's play to beat the system, especially with MLBs past testing protocols. With the biological passport, the system is still beatable, but the margin for error by users is narrowed significantly.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• If anyone cares here is the luxury tax breakdown of the Yankees 40 man roster:

Rodriguez, Alex $3,155,738
                      Teixeira, Mark $22,500,000
                      Sabathia, CC $24,400,000
                      Tanaka, Masahiro $22,142,857
                      Ellsbury, Jacoby $21,857,143
                      Soriano, Alfonso $4,000,000
                      McCann, Brian $17,000,000
                      Kuroda, Hiroki $16,085,000
                      Beltran, Carlos $15,000,000
                      Jeter, Derek $12,810,000
                      Suzuki, Ichiro $6,500,000
                      Gardner, Brett $5,600,000
                      Robertson, David $5,215,000
                      Thornton, Matt $3,500,000
                      Nova, Ivan $3,300,000
                      Johnson, Kelly $3,000,000
                      Roberts, Brian $2,000,000
                      Ryan, Brendan $1,666,667
                      Kelley, Shawn $1,765,000
                      Cervelli, Francisco $700,000
                      Nunez, Eduardo
                      Pineda, Michael
                      Phelps, David
                      Warren, Adam
                      Almonte, Zoilo
                      Banuelos, Manny
                      Betances, Dellin
                      Cabral, Cesar
                      Campos, Jose
                      Claiborne, Preston
                      Flores, Ramon
                      Greene, Shane
                      Heathcott, Slade
                      Mitchell, Bryan
                      Murphy, J.R.
                      Nuno, Vidal
                      Ramirez, Jose A.
                      Romine, Austin
                      Sanchez, Gary
                      Turley, Nik
                      Benefits (est.) $11,000,000
                      TOTAL NYA AAV $203,197,405
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• OK so the magic $189M cap reset can't happen right? No Cano either. Gotta say them having to ultimately pay the piper does NOT hurt my feelings in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannahann View Post
                          OK so the magic $189M cap reset can't happen right? No Cano either. Gotta say them having to ultimately pay the piper does NOT hurt my feelings in the least.
                          It does suck they don't have Cano but even if they knew they were going to go over the $189M threshold without him I don't think they would have matched Seattle's offer.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            It does suck they don't have Cano but even if they knew they were going to go over the $189M threshold without him I don't think they would have matched Seattle's offer.
                            Agree 100% with you there. That was too much for Robbie at this stage. Maybe they are learning more restraint with some of these guys north of 30 but the Ellsbury contract is a puzzler.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannahann View Post
                              Agree 100% with you there. That was too much for Robbie at this stage. Maybe they are learning more restraint with some of these guys north of 30 but the Ellsbury contract is a puzzler.
                              Yeah, that's true. Though it was for the same length they were willing to go with Cano. I bet if Ellsbury asked for more they would have said no. They need to stop giving out such long contracts, five years should really be the max any team will go unless it's a Tanaka or Kershaw situation where the guy is only 25.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Speaking of long contracts that are working out REALLY well, here's an item from Rotoworld--

"Mark Teixeira told Daniel Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal that he expects to feel some tightness in his surgically-repaired wrist until at least June and possibly through the whole season.
                                Teixeira hasn't had any setbacks since surgery last July and has begun taking batting practice in recent weeks, but he still feels some tightness and doctors have told him that it will likely take a year for his wrist to feel back to normal. While the veteran first baseman vows to play through the expected tightness, it wouldn't be surprising if his power suffered. His situation is yet another question mark in the Yankees' infield."

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X