X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 163

Two questions
    1) Who are the expected starters?

2) Anybody have a league that won't be decided until tomorrow?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Supposed to be Perez for Tex. Should be either Price or Cobb for Tampa.

Whichever one it is for TB, it might have implications for my league, where I'm trying to hang on to an ERA pt an a WHIP pt. Probably not possible for me to lose the ERA pt even if Price tosses a shutout bec my lead is 5 % pts and unlikely for me to lose the WHIP pt also, as my lead is .63 % pts. Cobb would probably have to throw close to a perfect game.
    Last edited by rhd; 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Yep, i believe so, though I'm checking to make sure the stats count.

Pts league, I'm down by 6 pts. I have Martin Perez and Archer, he has Beltre and Ogando. Should be close!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
        Yep, i believe so, though I'm checking to make sure the stats count.

Pts league, I'm down by 6 pts. I have Martin Perez and Archer, he has Beltre and Ogando. Should be close!
        Should count as MLB considers it a regular season game.....
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

any stats service dumb enough to try and not count these games when MLB does (and it has happened before) must be overriden. just add the modest stats by each team if necessary, not back-breaking work these days

we had 4 teams with a shot to win the pennant off the 1999 Mets-Reds play-in game.
          I wasn't one of them, but my Pokey Reese needed 2 SB to move me ahead of another team in SB, which would have given a 3rd team the pennant after 14 years of trying.
          Pokey led off the game with a single, but he stole zero - and that owner had to wait another 12 years to finally drink the Yoo-Hoo, as it were
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

2 point lead over the second place team, including close leads in ERA and Ratio over him, but he has Price and Martin Perez, while I have Nathan and Scoria. And the guy barely ahead of me in Ratio has Schippers.

Comment

Yahoo not counting the stats from this game.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

espn doesn't count the stats..haven't heard if CBS does. I know the last time I won my AL league in 08, they did.

BTW, pretty cool of the Rangers to make it to this game despite being sub .500 vs AL teams outside of their own division and having played 88 games against sub .500 teams. Rays -- played 70.

Unbalanced scheduling can kiss me where the great spaghetti monster split me

Comment

I haven't heard if CBS counts tomorrow's game or not...I'm in a couple of leagues where it might make a difference.

Frankly, I think that we all go into it knowing that it's a 162 game season, I'm a believer that any play-in game (aka game 163), shouldn't count as a regular season game, since it really is a one game playoff.

ETA...

If there is a play-in game for the MLB playoffs, will stats from that game be included in my fantasy league?
                  Free or Premium Leagues:

Stats from playoff play-in games WILL NOT be counted in any of our free or premium Fantasy Baseball leagues.

Commissioner Leagues:
                  Stats from playoff play-in games WILL be counted in all of our commissioner Fantasy Baseball leagues.

So it looks like any of our leagues WILL count games from CBS...so hang on for one more day.
                  Last edited by Hornsby; 09-29-2013, 08:48 PM.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Frankly, I think that we all go into it knowing that it's a 162 game season, I'm a believer that any play-in game (aka game 163), shouldn't count as a regular season game, since it really is a one game playoff.
                    Depends on your league. Ours explicitly counts the play-in games. ESPN used to count them recently as four years ago, too. I'm surprised they changed.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

"I'm a believer that any play-in game (aka game 163), shouldn't count as a regular season game, since it really is a one game playoff."

If a team gets rained out on Game 162, do you pro-rate the stats?

We all sign up for the entire regular season to count, whether it turns out to be 160 games or 163. If a monsoon in the northeast wipes out the last weekend, we live with it - same as if there is an extra regular-season game....
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        "I'm a believer that any play-in game (aka game 163), shouldn't count as a regular season game, since it really is a one game playoff."

We all sign up for the entire regular season to count, whether it turns out to be 160 games or 163. If a monsoon in the northeast wipes out the last weekend, we live with it - same as if there is an extra regular-season game....
                        Hear hear. I think it's silly that Yahoo and Espn aren't counting them.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I can't believe I get to watch even a tiny part of the playoffs with interest. The Tribe will be waiting the winner of this one-game playoff for a one-game playoff for a chance to travel to Boston. WOO! As an Indians fan, I can't decide who I'd rather have win this game.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Nelson Cruz will be activated for this game.

Rotoworld:
                            Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed Sunday that Nelson Cruz will be activated and added to the Rangers roster for Monday's tie-breaker game against the Rays.
                            Cruz completed his 50-game suspension for the use of performance-enhancing drugs in Sunday's season finale. While he will be on the roster, it will be solely up to manager Ron Washington whether or not Cruz is in the starting lineup. Before his suspension, the 33-year-old outfielder was hitting .269/.330/.511 with 27 homers, 76 RBI and five stolen bases.
                            Source: Scott Miller on Twitter
                            Sep 29 - 10:40 PM
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Of course not...if the game means something to the pennant races, it'll be played whenever they can get it done. Your point is correct, we all sign up for the REGULAR season, not some trumped up play in game to get to a ONE game post season game.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X