Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have to watch the scoreboard today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else have to watch the scoreboard today?

To hold on to second place in my AL league, I need:

Janssen/Johnson/Veras to NOT get 2 more saves than Balfour/Farq/Mo.

It will be moot if:
    - my team hits better than the 4th place team (both show 0.2700 AVG but I'm in second), OR
    - Bedard/Chen/Moore get roughed up, OR
    - Darvish/Quintana get roughed up

I guess it's always more interesting to have something to watch for. Good luck today!
    Last edited by virgonomic; 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

doubtful, trailing in a 84 to 80 to 76.5 to 73.5 (me) for 2nd-3rd-4th-5th (money about $275 to $180 to $120 to $60)

to tie various rivals, need 1 HR, 8 RBI, 5 R, 2 SB, 2 SV, and down 3.49 to 3.55 in ERA
    also tied in W, but no SP today

was grabbing 2nd for a few minutes here and there in mid-Sept, but team collectively ran out of gas

but if Maybin had lasted one more week this year, different story
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

for fantasy and for the Rays today

Comment

yep, 1 HR/W/S can be a 50% difference in cash for me in my NL only with The Dane
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

And Erasmo Fuckhead Ramirez just dropped my team from 2nd to 4th, thanks to his horrific outing.

Comment

I had Redmond/Jim Johnson today - thankfully Verlander/Fister offset that damage

Comment

Surprisingly, coming into today, I had a chance at the final money spot in 2 of my money leagues. Not much of a chance in 1, where I was 1.5 pts behind, but a good chance in the other where I was up by a pt. As expected, I will come up short in the 1st league, where I needed a win to get a half pt and an excellent hitting day to gain a BA pt. 'm doing OK in the other and I am now 1.5 pts ahead. But this is an AL only league so if Texas wins I'll have to wait another day for the final outcome. Several pts could be gained or lost by me and my rival, but things look good.

Comment

I am in the finals of a H2H league. Going into the late games it was 7-7. The whole season came down to who got a SB.

Josh Rutledge was the deciding factor. Only four players on my team saw the field. Fortunately, Rutledge (WW pickup) was one of them.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Street 2 runs with 0 outs dropped me to 2nd in era and 2nd overall. Led since late April.

Comment

I could only wish that yesterday was a difference maker. Out of the money in all my leagues. In contention in one until the last few weeks, then my whole team got the blahs.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Yep---watched for life, but they all flopped! Finished in 2nd place after leading almost wire-to-wire. It was a great 2-team race, though.
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                        Street 2 runs with 0 outs dropped me to 2nd in era and 2nd overall. Led since late April.
                        our 2nd place was decided when Street threw a wild pitch, leading to an IBB of Posey - who one team needed to get him 1 RBI to move that team back into the runnerup slot after being passed earlier in the day.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

rjel 3-year crown (implemented to curb dumping)

I believe I've currently got revo by 0.5 points.
                          The stats that won't be in play are HRs, SBs, Wins, and WHIP.

Among the stats that are:

Runs:
                          I trail two teams by 1 run. I have Kinsler. One team has Murphy & Pierzynski.

OBP:
                          I trail one team by .0002. I have Kinsler, they have Longoria, L. Martin, Loney
                          revo trails one team by .0001. revo has Zobrist, they have Joyce

RBI:
                          I lead one team by 2 RBI. they have Andrus

ERA:
                          revo trails one team by .0001. revo has Nathan (not sure how many IP Nathan would need to move it)

Ks:
                          revo leads one team by 10 Ks. That team has David Price

Saves:
                          revo is tied with one team in saves. revo has Nathan.

... so it could very possibly come down to the last pitch of the 163rd game of the third season.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            our 2nd place was decided when Street threw a wild pitch, leading to an IBB of Posey - who one team needed to get him 1 RBI to move that team back into the runnerup slot after being passed earlier in the day.
                            Tar & feather the guy. Or at least we tp his house.

Comment

I think I got the 3-year rjel title. Kinsler got close but didn't score for me. Zobrist failed to help revo in obp, going 1/5 (revo was ahead after Zobrist got a hit in the 1st). Nathan didn't make an appearance.

If it holds up, I'm pretty psyched. I changed my approach to this season to get the 3-year. I didn't have much in keepers but really worked every angle to get 4th (out of 18) this year.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                              X