Branden Belt in Auction leagues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocking...

Brandon Belt is hitless over his last 12 at-bats.
    Belt hasn't collected a hit since he hit his first major league home run last Friday, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy plans to keep running him out there. "I think he's seeing the ball well," said Bochy. "It's going to happen with this kid. It's his first time up here. We're going to be patient with him. He's going to figure it out. We're in the first week. We're not going to make any changes." It sounds like he'll keep playing as long as he's up in the big leagues, which is the way it should be, but the Giants may have to make a tough decision if he continues to struggle when Cody Ross returns from a calf injury. Source: San Francisco Chronicle Apr. 6 - 9:10 am et
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Belt went for 21 Sunday in our 12-team, NL-only 5x5 260-unit league. wow
      Same here...he went for $21, though our league is $280.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        The Beast is now hitting .143 on the season with a .488 OPS.

You guys bidding $20+ on him realized that he's only had 223 non-Fall League at bats in his whole professional career, right?
        492 AB last year in the minors.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

His minor league stats were better than his stats in college, lol. A LOT better.
          That's because when he was drafted by the Giants they changed his swing which created the better results you see in his stats. That doesn't mean that he worth paying $20+ in auction leagues this year, but it means that you can't just look at stats alone.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ah, just like Jose Bautista.

Did he get Lasik and show up in the best shape of his life, too?
            Yawn. You sound like an sabermetrics snob. You have to have a balance of stats, scouting and anecdotal information. One of them alone will not give you the desired results you need. However if you listen to and use all three you will be much more successful.

The Giants didn't want to start him in the majors, they had to cause of injuries so obviously he is currently over matched. That doesn't mean that the changed swing and better stats you see are a mirage, it just means he needs more time.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

fyi

Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Monday that Brandon Belt could be optioned to the minors when Cody Ross is activated from the disabled list.
              Ross is likely to be activated from the disabled list Tuesday, so a decision could come soon. Belt has an impressive 8/12 K/BB ratio over his first 61 major league plate appearances, but is batting just .200 with one home run and four RBI. It might be best to get Aubrey Huff out of right field and let Belt get his confidence back against lesser competition. Source: Andrew Baggarly on Twitter Apr. 18 - 7:28 pm et
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Giants optioned 1B Brandon Belt to Triple-A Fresno.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Broken wrist, out a month.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                  X