X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Who is that?
    Rzepczynski.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Rzepczynski.
      Argh. First Jennings now Rzep. I guess I'll look for Litsch in the reserve draft.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        and now eyechart is a candidate for the pen or AAA according to the local writer. Season is off to a great start.....
        I thought his nickname was "Scrabble".
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

and now eyechart is a candidate for the pen or AAA according to the local writer. Season is off to a great start.....
          Morrow to the DL, paging Mr. Rzep err.. paging Mr. Eyechart to the starting rotation.

Comment

Nice follow up story

I first came upon Hypothetical Standings in the legendary reports of stat service pioneer Jerry Heath. The idea is simple: Compute the standings based on the Draft Day rosters of teams, using the actual stats they accumulated this year to see just how much of their success or failure came via the draft, and … Continue reading "The 2011 TOUT AL Hypothetical Standings"

Comment

Nice follow up story

http://www.toutwars.com/?p=1337
              Well, at least you still beat Zola and Shandler. But losing to Matthew Berry? Isn't there some sort of punishment required for that?

BTW, who is Steve Gardner?
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Gardner is the lead guy at USA Today/SportsWeekly

Comment

Gawd. How does Schechter do it EVERY year?!?! Anyone look to see what his worst finish ever was? I don't think he's ever finished worse than third.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    Gawd. How does Schechter do it EVERY year?!?! Anyone look to see what his worst finish ever was? I don't think he's ever finished worse than third.
                    He's a machine

Comment

He's a machine
                      I really enjoyed the interview you did with him.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I really enjoyed the interview you did with him.
                        Thanks. He's not the most outspoken person live but he is a good guy to be in a league with because he is always willing to discuss anything at any time regarding trades.

Comment

Gardner is the lead guy at USA Today/SportsWeekly
                          Thanks - I met a Steve Gardner who did sports in my past, and was wondering if it might be him.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It seems to be settling on "Scrabble."

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                            X