X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Moore to the DL with left elbow soreness

due to schedule, could only miss one start...but this sucks

OUCH! Who fills the rotation spot?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Alex Cobb is probably a week or two away from returning, so they'll have to look elsewhere. Fortunately, Tampa Bay seems to be one of the few organizations with sufficient depth to cover the loss.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Rays going to a 4 man rotation as they have 3 off days on the schedule in the next 2 weeks. Cobb is slated to return 8/13-8/15 during the Seattle series so if Moore isn't ready on 8/14, I would guess Cobb takes the slot and then the Rays revisit the rotation when Moore is ready.

This is why you take a 6 yr/$18M when a team offers it to you - never know what can happen.

Comment

He was involved in a deal for Strasburg in my league about a week ago, and I'm shocked that Moore was the first of those two to go to the DL.

And I'm not totally sure I agree with you, MJ. 6 yr/$18 million is pretty light any way you look at it. Hell, middle relievers could get that amount on the open market right now from the right GM's. I'm not saying he shouldn't sign early, but I'd have to think $25-30 million is much more commensurate with the kind of arm, upside, and production he's shown so far.

Comment

Per Rotoworld

An MRI taken Wednesday afternoon on Matt Moore's sore left elbow showed no structural damage.
            Rays fans will keep their fingers crossed...........but hopefully they can at least they can exhale!
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Just for fun, I checked what the rotoworld reports were on Bundy. Sure enough, the first reported MRI showed no structural damage.

I wonder how often no structural damage ends in TJ?
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                Just for fun, I checked what the rotoworld reports were on Bundy. Sure enough, the first reported MRI showed no structural damage.

I wonder how often no structural damage ends in TJ?

Comment

Difference with Bundy and Moore is Bundy had tightness in the elbow and was immediately put on PRP treatment. Dr. Andrews is actually on the Rays payroll so the fact Moore wasn't given the same treatment would be taken as a better sign.

Comment

actually, going by rotoworld, it was about a month after first reported tightness that Bundy got the PRP. After he had begun throwing again and the elbow pain returned.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      actually, going by rotoworld, it was about a month after first reported tightness that Bundy got the PRP. After he had begun throwing again and the elbow pain returned.
                      I was going off this - http://mlb.si.com/2013/04/29/orioles...rgery-for-now/

An MRI showed no structural damage in his elbow, and Andrews’ prescribed only a platelet-rich plasma injection, administered on Monday, and rest.

Comment

top prospect Dylan Bundy has been shut down w/ stiffness in right elbow. Will take off from throwing 4 few days. MRI was negative. - Eduardo A. Encina

Thats from April 1.

Comment

A little whistling in the dark

Comment

Matt Moore (elbow) will not rejoin the Rays' rotation this weekend.
                            The Rays are stressing that he hasn't had a setback, but rather they're just being extra cautious. It's worth noting, though, that the left-hander admitted Wednesday that his left elbow feels "good but not great." He'll throw another bullpen session Sunday before being re-evaluated. Roberto Hernandez will remain in the rotation for now.
                            Well that doesnt sound good or great.

Comment

LOL...the only reason the Rays would trot out Roberto Hernandez is if Matt Moore can't lift his arm above his shoulder, screams in agonizing pain every time his elbow flexes or died in the last two days.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X