Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
    Per MLBTradeRumors:
    The Yankees are close to signing Kevin Millwood to an "incentive-laden" minor league contract, reports Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated
    Done now, according to Heyman. Eh, as long as he stays in AAA just for emergency purposes, how can it hurt. Cashman said teams are actually contacting him now to see if some of the Yankees' "surplus" of pitching is available. That's scary.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
      Done now, according to Heyman. Eh, as long as he stays in AAA just for emergency purposes, how can it hurt. Cashman said teams are actually contacting him now to see if some of the Yankees' "surplus" of pitching is available. That's scary.
      And just a few minutes ago, the Yanks traded Sergio Mitre to Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        And just a few minutes ago, the Yanks traded Sergio Mitre to Milwaukee.
        If the Brewers didn't give up a whole lot, I like that deal. The Brewers have a lot of what appear to be good to OK 1-inning guys (Braddock, Saito, Hawkins, Parra, Axford), but no good LR/swingman. Mitre can probably fill that role pretty well.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          If the Brewers didn't give up a whole lot, I like that deal. The Brewers have a lot of what appear to be good to OK 1-inning guys (Braddock, Saito, Hawkins, Parra, Axford), but no good LR/swingman. Mitre can probably fill that role pretty well.
          It's being reported that the Brewers gave up Dickerson to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
            It's being reported that the Brewers gave up Dickerson to get him.
            Hmmm...I guess I'm not as happy about the deal, then. That means Brandon Boggs and Kotsay as backup OFs, with Kottaras usable in an emergency in a corner OF position.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Hmmm...I guess I'm not as happy about the deal, then. That means Brandon Boggs and Kotsay as backup OFs, with Kottaras usable in an emergency in a corner OF position.
              Rumor on Rotoworld says Milwaukee is looking to acquire Nyjer Morgan, who may not make the Nats roster.

Comment

Rumor on Rotoworld says Milwaukee is looking to acquire Nyjer Morgan, who may not make the Nats roster.
                Brewers have apparently walked away from the deal.

It would have made things more interesting in Milwaukee. Somebody hits Fielder with a pitch he starts walking toward the mound and draws all the attention and then WHAM! Nyjer Morgan sneak attack from the dugout.

Comment

Brewers placed LHP Manny Parra on the 15-day disabled list with a back injury.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Brewers placed Zack Grienke on the 15-day disabled list with a cracked rib.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Notable Demotions
                      Nolan Reimold
                      Luis Valbuena
                      Hideki Okajima
                      Alfredo Aceves
                      Joey Devine
                      Eric Young, Jr.
                      Jason Botts (remember him?)
                      Lorenzo Cain
                      Ramon Troncoso
                      Luke French
                      Josh Bard
                      John Ely

TEX trades Matt Treanor to KC for cash
                      Joe Inglett traded by TB to HOU

Pedro Feliz released
                      Randy Winn released
                      Last edited by revo; 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
                        Brewers have apparently walked away from the deal.

It would have made things more interesting in Milwaukee. Somebody hits Fielder with a pitch he starts walking toward the mound and draws all the attention and then WHAM! Nyjer Morgan sneak attack from the dugout.
                        For whatever reason, they walked right back into it. Perhaps Selig is going to change the rules so that players CAN steal first base, going forward.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Indians trade Jayson Nix to Toronto
                          in a swap of disappointing former 1st rounders, Mets trade P Eddie Kunz to the Padres for 1B Allen Dykstra

Comment

The Giants have released SP Jeff Suppan.

Comment

Royals sign Pedro Feliz
                              White Sox to sign Lastings Milledge
                              White Sox DFA'd Milledge today

Comment

White Sox DFA'd Milledge today
                                Yeah, WTF? I was pissed when I only had $1 left for my last spot, and it wasn't enough to get him. (I think he went for $3 or $4.) The guy had a great spring, there was talk of him getting AB's with Dunn out, they give him 4 at bats, and then dump him on April 7th? There has to be more to this story, especially knowing that Milledge is known as a bit of a D-bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X