Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Mets finally release Luis Castillo
    He'll probably wind up with the Phillies, considering the Utley situation. Then the Mets can pay Castillo $6 million to play for their division rival.

Can things in Flushing get any crazier?

Wait...don't answer that.
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Scot Shields has officially retired from baseball.
      Shields had to be shut down in September of last season due to elbow problems and drew very little interest on the free agent market this winter. He told reporters in January that he is open to continuing his career in the right situation, but that situation never came along. The 35-year-old righty will finish with a stellar 3.18 career ERA and can safely be called one of modern baseball's most reliable setup men.
      Source: Scott Merkin on Twitter Mar 18, 1:17 PM

Comment

Mets released 2B Luis Castillo
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Mets released 2B Luis Castillo
          Quite a few of my Met-fan friends on Facebook appear to be overjoyed.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            He'll probably wind up with the Phillies, considering the Utley situation.
            I'd rather they just stick with Wilson Valdez. Castillo has no range anymore.

Comment

Rotoworld thinks the Marlins might make a move for Castillo.

The Palm Beach Post's Joe Capozzi reports that the Marlins have had internal discussions about signing Luis Castillo.
              Castillo, who was released by the Mets Friday, of course began his career with the Marlins and won three Gold Gloves and made three All-Star teams while playing in Miami. He's still considered a favorite of Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria and is also friends with infield coach Perry Hill. If the Marlins ultimately decide that Castillo can help them, it would likely result in him playing second base, Omar Infante shifting over to third and Matt Dominguez beginning the year at Triple-A. We seriously doubt Castillo would help the Fish more than Dominguez would, but that doesn't mean the Marlins won't end up signing the 35-year-old. On a related note, the Orioles have said they have no interest in Castillo despite

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I think that Josh Barfield is better than Castillo at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  I think that Josh Barfield is better than Castillo at this point.
                  I think Michael Martinez is better than Castillo at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                    He'll probably wind up with the Phillies, considering the Utley situation. Then the Mets can pay Castillo $6 million to play for their division rival.

It was a low-risk move that was practically bound to happen.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I'm OK with it being a minor-league deal, so they can evaluate him in comparison to the other 2B candidates. I would not have been OK with it if they'd given him a major-league deal and handed him the job immediately.

Comment

I'm OK with it being a minor-league deal, so they can evaluate him in comparison to the other 2B candidates. I would not have been OK with it if they'd given him a major-league deal and handed him the job immediately.
                        Totally agree. He's got a 10-day tryout to beat Martinez and/or Barfield.

Comment

I think martinez has a job. If castillo has anything left it will be at the expense of Barfield and Young.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I think martinez has a job. If castillo has anything left it will be at the expense of Barfield and Young.
                            Luis Castillo was in today's starting lineup for the Phillies, but has yet to show up, so he is now out of the lineup today and tomorrow.
                            http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...om-lineup.html

Comment

The Nats are signing Ollie Perez to a minor league contract

Comment

Per MLBTradeRumors:
                                The Yankees are close to signing Kevin Millwood to an "incentive-laden" minor league contract, reports Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated
                                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                                X