Large dump trade (NL-Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    Well, he won't add in Yelich and is sticking with Tabata over Jay. Are there any opportunities you guys can see with the other top teams to make a deal or should I bite the bullet and go for this one?
    I guess that I'd see if I could pry Cole out of him for another piece...he's got the best available players by far.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I guess that I'd see if I could pry Cole out of him for another piece...he's got the best available players by far.
      Yeah, the trade waters this year are ridiculously one-sided. Plus, he's already in 3rd place so he only needs to make one trade to have a good chance at the title.

Comment

trade a smaller piece or basically anything to the 1st or 2nd place team and he'll deal....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

So why not tell the three other teams you have an offer to move your big names for a major piece or two. Then take the best piece from each team. If that does not work then you should feel comfortable moving all them for Tavares.
          Last edited by schlesinj; 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Harvey for Kershaw.
            Hamilton for Kemp.
            Cueto for Puig.
            Molina for Rosario

Comment

in a perfect world, those offers would be accepted but

looking at those offers, harvey for kershaw is a wash, hamilton for kemp is a plus, cueto for puig is a plus while molina for rosario is a big minus for the rosairo owner...

Comment

Sure, i tossed those out there just as quick examples. My point is it is May and he has some big names at several positions. He is in the drivers seat to pick and choose the best players from every team. A good dump to several teams will one not piss off the whole league, two playing teams against eachother also drives up prices and three maximizes your assets.

Comment

That's not how dump trades work in this league (as you can see by the trade that went down last year).

Last week the 2nd place owner asked what it would take to get Kershaw, AGon, and R. Soriano. When I replied that it would definitely have to include Rosario and probably Gyorko and Hamilton as well he said I was crazy.

If I accept the Taveras trade, my only trade chips would be R. Soriano, AGon, and Jon Jay so probably enough to get a couple solid keepers or one more great keeper. What keeps bringing me back to the original offer is the allure of a $3 Taveras who I could extend and have control over for probably 7 years (assuming he pans out). Any other trade offer would net some fine players who I may end up extending for a couple years (Rosario, Gyorko, hopefully Hamilton down the line), but not with the same upside as Taveras, not to mention Rosenthal (could be an extension candidate as well), and D'Arnaud (probably won't extend, but should be a top-5 NL catcher before long).

I'm not necessarily in a big hurry to get a deal done, but I don't want to be late to the party for dumping season.

Comment

Got another offer from the 1st place team:

Give Kershaw, R. Soriano, Molina, Cueto, and Jay

Get
                    Marcell Ozuna ($5/2)
                    AJ Burnett ($8/1)
                    Zack Wheeler ($5/1)
                    Kolten Wong ($1/2+)
                    James McDonald ($8/2)

I don't think Ozuna is close in value to Taveras, but Wheeler could be a nice piece and Wong's not a bad prospect either. Thoughts?

Comment

Got another offer from the 1st place team:

Give Kershaw, R. Soriano, Molina, Cueto, and Jay

Get
                      Marcell Ozuna ($5/2)
                      AJ Burnett ($8/1)
                      Zack Wheeler ($5/1)
                      Kolten Wong ($1/2+)
                      James McDonald ($8/2)

I don't think Ozuna is close in value to Taveras, but Wheeler could be a nice piece and Wong's not a bad prospect either. Thoughts?
                      No, no, no....McDonald is crap, Wong is probably an everyday player, but nothing great, Wheeler is a pitcher, in other words, a total crapshoot, AJ is too old, and Ozuna is nowhere near Tavares.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I dont thinkTavaras is is the sure thing stud you think he is....
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          Really? Why not?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            2013 - AAA (20 YO) - .317/.351/.480, 4 HR, 5 SB
                            2012 - AA (19/20 YO) - .321/.380/.572, 23 HR, 10 SB
                            2011 - LoA (18/19 YO) - .386/.444/.584, 8 HR, 1 SB (in basically half a season, I guess he got hurt?)

Baseball America - #3 prospect
                            Sickels - #2 prospect (thought about putting him #1)
                            Baseball Prospectus - #2 prospect

If he's not a sure thing stud, then who is?

Comment

2013 - AAA (20 YO) - .317/.351/.480, 4 HR, 5 SB
                              2012 - AA (19/20 YO) - .321/.380/.572, 23 HR, 10 SB
                              2011 - LoA (18/19 YO) - .386/.444/.584, 8 HR, 1 SB (in basically half a season, I guess he got hurt?)

Baseball America - #3 prospect
                              Sickels - #2 prospect (thought about putting him #1)
                              Baseball Prospectus - #2 prospect

If he's not a sure thing stud, then who is?
                              He's also Keith Law's #2 prospect...compares him favorably to Vladdy. At his peak .300/30 guy potential.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

BTW, here's what the top teams have to offer:

1st place - Rizzo $17/3 years left, S. Castro $14/1, M. Ozuna $5/2, C. Gomez $10/1, K. Wong $1/2+, Harvey $2/1 (although he seems to be untouchable), Z. Wheeler $5/1

2nd place - Mesoraco $1/1, Rosario $2/1, Goldschmidt $20/3, Simmons $5/1, Gyorko $1/2, M. Carpenter $2/1, B. Hamilton $1/2+

3rd place - players already included in trade offer plus Freeman $19/3, Alonso $14/2, Arenado $5/2, Harper $14/1, McCutchen $19/1, S. Marte $5/1, Yelich $6/2+, Henderson $5/2, S. Miller $5/1, J. Fernandez $5/2, G. Cole $9/2+

4th place - T. Snider $5/2, A. Craig $15/1, Aoki $10/1, Puig $5/2+, Strasburg $15/1, Teheran $15/2

5th place - M. Adams $1/2, J. Zimmerman $15/1, Brothers $3/2

6th place - Grandal $1/1, E. Cabrera $1/1, Fowler $19/1, Cingrani $5/2, Mujica $1/1
                                When you say someone has 1 year left, is that one year before they need a raise or can you not keep them after that at all?
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X