Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Allen Craig.

14 team...mixed...5x5..keeper league

I have Craig for $1 this season and he can be kept for $6 in 2014 and $11 in 2015.

What type of SP would you want or expect to get for him? I don't think he is quite worth an SP1, but surely an SP2. How about Sabathia? Any other SP's you feel might be a match for him?

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    14 team...mixed...5x5..keeper league

I have Craig for $1 this season and he can be kept for $6 in 2014 and $11 in 2015.

What type of SP would you want or expect to get for him? I don't think he is quite worth an SP1, but surely an SP2. How about Sabathia? Any other SP's you feel might be a match for him?

Thanks!
    I think you're on track with equating Craig's value to second tier starting pitchers. It just depends on who's in your second tier.

Comment

If he wasn't performing at a replacement level right now and the stars aligned and you found that one guy that truly loves Allen Craig you might be able to get a Sabathia for him on April 18th. Still, that's a bit of a "best case scenario."

Sadly, he's been absolutely abysmal so far .224, 0 HR, 9 RBI, 4 Runs. That's not the type of numbers you want a guy to have when you're trying to sell him. So my initial advice is to wait until later in the year.

That said I'd think a few more realistic SP names, without knowing their salaries in your league would be: Shields, Kennedy, Samardzjia, Gallardo. Maybe a Latos. You could also try and target an injured pitcher like Greinke or Cueto and see if you get someone who is nervous.

Craig had far more value before your keeper list was due than he does right now. The smart move is to just sit on him and let him figure it out and look to move him when the weather heats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Sadly, he's been absolutely abysmal so far .224, 0 HR, 9 RBI, 4 Runs. That's not the type of numbers you want a guy to have when you're trying to sell him. So my initial advice is to wait until later in the year.
        THIS!!!! You will be kicking yourself all year and all of next year and all of the year after that if you trade a guy like Allen Craig for a James Shields or a Gallardo. Just wait a month and he will have the value to get a top tier SP.

Comment

Thanks guys. I posted a message on my league page that Craig is available so I'll see what offers i get.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

What are the prices of the top shelf pitchers? Any of them done after this year? Do you have a salary cap?

One dollar this year against cap is huge. $6 next year is even bigger. If someone has excess pitching at top prices they have to consider Craig.

Do not settle for second tier pitching. It is not like the $40A Hamels ( my NL only 12 team) is lighting it up. Or the $35A Matt Cain. The price difference alone makes it at least a fair consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              What are the prices of the top shelf pitchers? Any of them done after this year? Do you have a salary cap?

One dollar this year against cap is huge. $6 next year is even bigger. If someone has excess pitching at top prices they have to consider Craig.

Do not settle for second tier pitching. It is not like the $40A Hamels ( my NL only 12 team) is lighting it up. Or the $35A Matt Cain. The price difference alone makes it at least a fair consideration.
              top tier pitchers are $45+ in auction. No salary cap. I can see if any top tier pitchers are in their last contract year.

Comment

Would Craig + Gallardo ($30) be too much for Cliff Lee ($49)? Probably??

How about Craig, Gallardo and Segura ($1) for Lee and Phillips ($29)?
                Last edited by Mithrandir; 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Would Craig + Gallardo ($30) be too much for Cliff Lee ($49)?
                  Id hand you Lee in a second for that
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    Id hand you Lee in a second for that
                    i figured it was too much..but i just have never really trusted Gallardo....even though he seems to be quite consistent from year to year..

and it seems like evryone is pretty high on Craig, even though it's really only his second full year..and he has started like crap..

Comment

Would Craig + Gallardo ($30) be too much for Cliff Lee ($49)? Probably??

How about Craig, Gallardo and Segura ($1) for Lee and Phillips ($29)?

If the Lee owner needs offense, has excess pitching, or does not have much of a chance this year. I would merely offer him Craig for Lee. Craig is a buck!!

Comment

If the Lee owner needs offense, has excess pitching, or does not have much of a chance this year. I would merely offer him Craig for Lee. Craig is a buck!!
                        I know that and you know that, but for some reason he is not that highly valued in this league..not sure why...

Comment

and it seems like evryone is pretty high on Craig, even though it's really only his second full year..and he has started like crap..
                          Offer Craig for Lee and see what happens.

Comment

Offer Craig for Lee and see what happens.
                            I just did.

Comment

I just did.
                              Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X