2K15: Evan Gattis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    They interviewed these guys later on in the game. Turns out these guys are Evan's buddies from high school in Texas who drove up to Colorado to see him play.

That's awesome.
    That is pretty cool.

Comment

plus he hit a home run today!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Gattis isn't gong to steal McCann's job, if only for defensive purposes, even if he has looked good so far. Like Adams, and other players, he's just blocked everywhere right now. I agree that his performance so far pretty much seals the deal that this is McCann's last season with the Braves, but I don't see why the Braves would move McCann during the season once he is healthy. The offense is good already, the experienced catcher defensively (who isn't exactly an offensive slouch; he has won five of the last seven silver slugger awards at catcher) takes priority. Maybe he will allow McCann to take it slowly coming back, but he was already doing that. I doubt he has any effect on Freeman's return---Freeman was playing through the injury before he was DL'd, so I don't think anything will chance his coming back after the minimum 15 days. And he was even hotter than Gattis when he was playing, so I don't see Gattis stealing much time there. Gattis, however, can also play OF (sort of, but just as much as the other positions), so he may stay up getting 3-4 starts a week all over the diamond.
        McCann's first day back, and Gattis is playing RF. Looks like he's going to be a super-utility type for them.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having Gattis as a keeper with 1B, OF, C eligibility next year.

Comment

So Evan Gattis just got dealt to Houston. Good park for a right handed power (+12%) and much better than Atlanta was (-6%).

Not sure how his PT will shake out though as they have Castro at catcher and some young bucks in the OF but maybe 450 ABs? I don't know...
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I haven't thought that the Braves got a lot in their other trades, but I think that they received a nice package here if the report is accurate:

The Braves housecleaning reportedly continued today, with the team nearing a deal that would ship sometimes-catcher Evan Gattis to Houston in exchange for prospects Mike Foltynewicz, Rio Ruiz, and Andrew Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                I haven't thought that the Braves got a lot in their other trades, but I think that they received a nice package here if the report is accurate:

The Braves housecleaning reportedly continued today, with the team nearing a deal that would ship sometimes-catcher Evan Gattis to Houston in exchange for prospects Mike Foltynewicz, Rio Ruiz, and Andrew Thurman.
                And I lose my free Foltynewicz in my AL only 5x5...just great.

Comment

weird ... report is that the deal isn't finalized & Texas might be in the mix if it falls through with Houston.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post

Wow, despite the rumors I thought Gattis was a keeper for the Braves.

Comment

Working...
                    X