No announcement yet.

Official "En Fuego" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 5 games this year, Carlos Gomez was 2/19 with a double and 0/1 SB.

Last 4 weeks: hitting 38/80 with 6 HR and 7 SB.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Over his last 5 games JJ Hardy is batting .300 (6 of 15) with 3 HR and 5 RBI.

Comment

Shelby Miller!!!! EY2 led off with a broken bat single, after which Shelby proceeded to retire the next 27 batters in order with 13 Ks. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Shelby Miller!!!! EY2 led off with a broken bat single, after which Shelby proceeded to retire the next 27 batters in order with 13 Ks. Sweet!
          I am such a moron...I sat Miller to start a 2 start Chen, because I figured the rookie was due for a bad outing against the Rockies. Such an idiot getting cute with the two starts over the better pitcher.

Comment

Jean Segura is so scorching hot, they need to come up with another term for en fuego.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Jean Segura is so scorching hot, they need to come up with another term for en fuego.
              Think the Angels are kicking themselves for that deal right now? Trading even a pretty good prospect for a few month rental is pretty much never worth it. I thought DiPoto was in over his head as the interim GM in Arizona, and I think he's still fairly overmatched in Los Angeles. He's been hamstrung by his meddling owner giving away ridiculous sums of money to aging guys, but DiPoto's own moves have been pretty bad, too. Segura would have been perfect for Scioscia's preferred style of play, but DiPoto doesn't seem to care about his manager's strong suits.

Comment

In my main league, one guy has Goldschmidt and Segura and yet is in last place by a wide margin. Imagine how bad the rest of his team must be for that to be the case.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Billy Butler has homered in consecutive games (and was 5-for-5 in the first one.) The window to buy low on him is probably gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    In my main league, one guy has Goldschmidt and Segura and yet is in last place by a wide margin. Imagine how bad the rest of his team must be for that to be the case.
                    Holy cow, that's nuts!

Comment

I have both in my 16 team H2H league, and I am 10th place. Greinke was a big chunk of that, because I had Hallady for depth and he played, for a while. Plus I have ahd a bad run of luck with the bullpen. I would get 5 saves and the other guy would get 6 kind of thing.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

In just a few days he's crept up to almost next-to-last. He's gained 10 points and the next-to-last guy has lost 6. But there's still no hope for him, as he sucks at trading.

Comment

This is crazy. He must have many of the guys from the buy low thread? And if he sucks at trading, methinks you have some opportunity?

Comment

Goldschmidt continues his Seguraesque run. 2 for 2 with a pair of two-run bombs by the third inning.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              Goldschmidt continues his Seguraesque run. 2 for 2 with a pair of two-run bombs by the third inning.
                              Goldschmidt finished the game 4-5 with 4 rbi and 4 runs. His 2nd homer came on the 13th pitch after he fouled off 7 pitches with 2 strikes!

So far in the month of May he's hitting .440 with 7 hr & 17 rbi in 15 games!
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                                This is crazy. He must have many of the guys from the buy low thread? And if he sucks at trading, methinks you have some opportunity?
                                He mainly sucks at trading because he never does any until the deadline. Although he did deal Adam Jones for Jim Henderson and Jackie Bradley Jr., which does suck (and which he said was not a dump deal).

His roster:

C S. Perez
                                1B Goldy
                                2B Infante
                                3B M. Young
                                SS Segura
                                MI Hardy
                                CI Belt
                                OF Cespedes, Cain, Brantley, Mayberry, Nava
                                UT LaRoche

Bench: J. Montero, Stanton, C. Johnson, J. Bradley, B. Roberts

SP Strasburg, Cain, Buchholz, H. Bailey, Lincecum
                                RP Chapman, C. Perez, Henderson

Bench: B. Anderson, Porcello, G, Richards, Gausman

Comment

Working...
                                X