Trade opinion NL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can go for it ths year then hells yes, take the deal
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'll be a dissenting voice but wish you good luck FBP. Your guys are good and cheap. You can save the money pre-auction and buy talent at auction.

Comment

The deal makes perfect sense on the part of the dumping owner. I used this exact same strategy coming into this season for my 17 team mixed league auction.

I traded every possible keeper I had to land Profar (reserve) and Wil Myers (reserve) and went into my auction without a single player in my line up. Just five rookies on my reserve.

I followed that up by drafting big time players that would be desirable for dumping teams. I got plenty of offense a couple of good pitchers, yet somehow I forgot to draft a closer doh!

Comment

If the deal were a player and a prospect for McCutcheon, I'd have liked it better. Not that he'd go for it, but if you could have packaged Teheran and Cole for McCutcheon, that would have been awesome for you. I just don't like the Hamels price point in a trade.
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I dont like price either, but other owner wouldn't do deal without Frasier. I was going to draft an anchor SP and Hamels price is slightly less than auction market so I can live with this

Comment

Working...
            X