Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good auction, CBS notwithstanding.

Comment

Yeah it was fun had it not been for CBS.

Comment

what happened with CBS? we had our auction two weeks ago, and it was far and away the smoothest yet for us...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          what happened with CBS? we had our auction two weeks ago, and it was far and away the smoothest yet for us...
          People getting bumped as well as the Draft Room autonomously putting owners teams on auto-pilot.

Frae, thanks for keeping track of the results.
          Last edited by JudeBaldo; 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            People getting bumped as well as the Draft Room autonomously putting owners teams on auto-pilot.
            It ALWAYS happens in this league. I think it's because there are 18 teams. Smaller leagues with only 12 owners seem to have fewer problems. This was a 4-hour draft that got stretched to nearly 5 with all the problems. Still, I thought it went well and had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              It ALWAYS happens in this league. I think it's because there are 18 teams. Smaller leagues with only 12 owners seem to have fewer problems. This was a 4-hour draft that got stretched to nearly 5 with all the problems. Still, I thought it went well and had a great time.
              Same here. I always enjoy the banter.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                At one point, Chris' +1 bid applied to Tim's team. Fortunately they caught it quickly and it fixed itself with a log out+in.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  At one point, Chris' +1 bid applied to Tim's team. Fortunately they caught it quickly and it fixed itself with a log out+in.
                  Yeah, that was odd. That whole 5-8 player list was strange, guys getting thrown out for a second time and going for different prices than they went the first time. I somehow got Hardy at $12 because Chris' bid bumped me. We backed it up, and he got thrown out a few players later, and I got him for $7. It happened when Paul got kicked, so it's the dynamics of 1/18 owners being gone for a few minutes that changes a bunch of players prices.

Comment

Always a lot of fun trying to deal with the glitches AND draft a team for myself... fortunately, I'm a guy with a myriad of talents, and I only have you fellas to deal with.

Seriously though guys, thanks for the patience for dealing with the glitches, it really helped to deal with everything that happened during the night.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Best of luck to all of you combatants....
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                        we didn't have the first at all, but we *did* have the second. fortunately, we have 4 of us with commish privilege, and it was always caught very quickly and fixed. certainly a weird bug.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                        X