No announcement yet.

New CBS League Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the way, one of the reasons I'm so bewildered by CBS, I've been told, is that I've never been on Facebook.
    so being bombarded by "noise" of this sort is something I'm not familiar with

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

First correction of the trainwreck: there is a dropdown now on the homepage that allows you to hide features from the fantasy feed.

Comment

CBS listened!

"Since we launched our new league homepage we've been hard at work continuing to improve your experience. We asked for your feedback and were thrilled by the great ideas many of you submitted. Below we've highlighted some of the many improvements we've rolled out thanks to your help."

Customization of Feed
        You now have the option to customize your Fantasy Feed by removing any content types from your main feed (ie you can remove Player News or Transactions). You will still be able to view those content types by selecting them in the navigation. To remove one, hover over the top left of a box, click on the arrow and select the "Remove" option. To return a content type to your feed, select that type from the navigation, hover over one of the boxes, click the arrow and select "Add to Feed."

Commissioner's Message
        The Commissioner's Message has been added to the homepage in addition to appearing at the top of your league details page. Commissioners now have two ways to communicate with their league -- a permanent place on the homepage and the new commissioner posting tool in the feed, which now gives commissioners a way to communicate time-sensitive issues to league members.

Scores on Homepage
        If you are a head-to-head league, we've put a new-and-improved scoreboard for your league right up top on your homepage. As a bonus, all leagues can now see MLB scores through this scoreboard as well.

Customization of Tools
        You can choose to open or close any of the tool boxes in the right column (i.e. Commissioner's message, Standings, Player News, etc). The site will remember your choice when you return to the site, and you can change your selection at any time by clicking on the + and - signs to the right of the boxes.

Delete Posts
        Commissioners now have the ability to delete any posts in your league. Commissioners can do so by hovering over the header in any box, clicking on the arrow that appears and choosing "Delete This Post".

Archived League News
        Returned archived league news for certain leagues where old stories didn't import into the new feed.

Player Updates
        We've shortened the length of player news stories in the main Fantasy Feed and reduced the number of updates.

Improved Standings
        We've expanded and improved the display of standings on the homepage for leagues with multiple divisions to include all divisions.

Comment

Removing the player news from the middle makes the whole thing palatable...NICE.

Now if only they will change their stupid ass first-game lineup locks: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...get-this-fixed

Comment

anyone figure out how to get past this on OnRoto?

"important note: this league is still in pre-draft mode, even though your draft date of 04.03 has passed. if this draft date is wrong, please have your commissioner go to the basic set-up page and make any necessary updates. if the draft date is correct and you've entered your rosters, they have not been submitted fully. please ask your commissioner to go to one of the initial roster entry pages and submit your rosters."

no idea what I'm missing - the rosters are there and I have "submitted" them.
            It does look easier than CBS for sure, though.

I emailed them last night, but they must be swamped this weekend, so....

EDIT: It looks as if they won't let you submit the league if ANY designations are off. I was missing one pitcher, and had two teams with positional listings issues, but the team pages don't indicate that. So I had to dig thru each team. A minor issue compared to CBS, but something they can tweak in 2014...
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

ok, we're going OnRoto instead of CBS

what's this all about?

"SPECIAL OFFER -- ONROTO FOR FREE in 2013!

Does your league play for real money? Sign up with SportsVault and have them process and secure your entry fees and your OnRoto league fees are FREE! That's right -- save up to $139 just by simply signing up at SportsVault and selecting 'OnRoto' under Fantasy Community.

If you have any questions about the SportsVault service, their team can be reached 24/7 at [email protected]

The standard OnRoto League Fee for 2013 is $99 (US).

A "no-ads" option is available in 2013 for $139 (US)."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

We've had trouble getting MLB GameDay audio to work in our league too. Some owners get a message saying they need to pay $20 for a subscription, some owners get to listen just fine. I've personally gotten both results when trying to click the links from within the league. Does anyone know the rhyme or reason for when you can listen and when you get prompted to pay for it?
                18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by no driver View Post
                  We've had trouble getting MLB GameDay audio to work in our league too. Some owners get a message saying they need to pay $20 for a subscription, some owners get to listen just fine. I've personally gotten both results when trying to click the links from within the league. Does anyone know the rhyme or reason for when you can listen and when you get prompted to pay for it?
                  I've had this problem too. Usually I just close the browser and go back in a few minutes later and it's working. I can't find any reason why it should happen, but it's really annoying.

Comment

Is there a way to remove the transaction info (player X was added, etc.) from the home page? I really just want to see the player news (or live scoring).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Is there a way to remove the transaction info (player X was added, etc.) from the home page? I really just want to see the player news (or live scoring).
                      Yeah. Move your mouse over the transaction box, and a drop down appears. Click on Hide All Transactions from Feed.

Comment

So, I am looking over the teams in my league this morning and noticed pedro ciraco is positioned at 'mi'.

Our league rule is 20 games last season or 5 games at a position once the season begins and ciriaco does NOT meet either minimum.

He does, however, have 5 games at 'mi' if you add ss and 2b together and cbs, of course, lists him as eligible at 'mi' because of this.

sigh....

Comment

CBS's mindset is that they make the rules, and you have to do what they tell you. That worked so well in our league that we passed on the "free" year as ex-ASS guys and went with OnRoto for $99 instead.

I swear CBS must have hired some former Blockbuster Video executives to run things. I remember how obnoxious they were about fees, to the point where they in effect were demanding that you stop patronizing their stores.

fyi, OnRoto had a technical problem this week that knocked them out for 24 hours or so. They probably got so many new customers thanks to CBS's aggressive incompetence that they can barely keep up....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                            So, I am looking over the teams in my league this morning and noticed pedro ciraco is positioned at 'mi'.

Our league rule is 20 games last season or 5 games at a position once the season begins and ciriaco does NOT meet either minimum.

He does, however, have 5 games at 'mi' if you add ss and 2b together and cbs, of course, lists him as eligible at 'mi' because of this.

sigh....
                            same issue at the beginning of the year. see the discussion at: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ility-question
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              same issue at the beginning of the year. see the discussion at: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ility-question
                              This came up on the Towers of Power facebook page and everyone looked at me like a puppy-killer for suggesting that MI wasn't a real position. Glad to see that RJ is a little more enlightened

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                This came up on the Towers of Power facebook page and everyone looked at me like a puppy-killer for suggesting that MI wasn't a real position. Glad to see that RJ is a little more enlightened
                                I agree you should change your picture to that of somebody torturing puppies. It isn't a question of whether MI is a position or not. It's a question of who gets to make that decision the league or a stat service who could easily adapt to your rules but chooses not to do so. I sent Sportsline an email about this at least 5, and probably closer to 10, years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X