• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CBS League Homepage

Still working through the changes, but at first glance:

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Still working through the changes, but at first glance:

Didn't cbs introduce big changes without bata testing about 10 years ago and it flopped BIG time?

Comment

CBS seems like their business model is to find what people like and then tweak it to the point that it makes the same people want to punch a wall and then charge them more to do it.

Comment

gah - terrible. it's no longer customizable (or at least i haven't figured it out). there's no logo. there's no league news or commish news block. the player news is covered in two places, and takes up so much space you can't see anything else. blech.

ETA: we should take pauly's advice and give them feedback (but on the new look-and-feel rather than daily move deadlines)...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

My feedback was to stop using them when they started charging $169 for a league.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Hard to discern where the news about your players ends and where the league talk (aka message board posts) start.
            Yeah that, and will the endless player news push down the other, more important league news (i.e. polls, transactions, etc.)

The only thing I like so far is the transactions are now grouped, so you can see "last night's FAAB run" for example.

Wasn't having everything on a single page fine? Now we have to click through four or five pages to get the same stuff. Oy.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              ETA: we should take pauly's advice and give them feedback (but on the new look-and-feel rather than daily move deadlines)...
              Do both

Comment

Oof, that's really bad. I guess I'll change my link to go straight to my roster and and just use my email to see league posts. They were smart to time it this late, so nobody could reasonably switch.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Those things you mention are available as tabs underneath the picture. Not super intuitive but they're there.
                  you're right, some of them are. just took the joy ride around the new pages.

feedback has been sent.

no longer customizable (by any method i could figure out). this was one of my favorite parts of their front page - i could move stuff around as i liked.

old images attached to league news seem to have vanished.

the league logo is now expected to have a certain aspect ratio (640 X 180 pixels). our old square one no longer works :|.

the player news is terrible, IMHO. i liked the old (before a couple of weeks ago) way - simple one-liners giving player name that you could click on to expand. takes up very little screen real estate, but makes all the information available when you want it. it's now many pages worth, and has that gawd-awful feature that when you scroll down to the bottom it just keeps expanding (curse facebook for ever inventing that).

why do they do this shit 4 days before the beginning of the season?
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I wonder if this is about fantasy football, where you have a lot less players, more injuries (i.e. player news is more important), and days between games. Fantasy Football is presumably much more profitable than Fantasy Baseball (I'd guess about 10 times so), so if this is what they want for FF we may be stuck with it.
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I actually think I could grow to like it.

But I tried to reply to an ongoing thread and got a bounce-back message from my email. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        gah - terrible. it's no longer customizable (or at least i haven't figured it out). there's no logo. there's no league news or commish news block. the player news is covered in two places, and takes up so much space you can't see anything else. blech.

Yes, I agree completely. I don't like having the important league-specific stuff in our "commish note" or "transactions" or "message board" etc swamped by all the mundane day-to-day player news. I have to click like 5 different places to see everything I could see on the league homepage before. Ugh.

Comment

onroto.com

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

League talk is showing private messages--not mine-- (trade discussions).....not really private....is it?
                            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I don't get it - they have the "player news" and "expert advice" modules on the far right as expandable headline-only links. Why do they have to be duplicated in long-form posts that clutter up the main landing page and bury any important info from your league, your commissioner, etc? Seems redundant.

I think my issue is that the main landing page needs to be something other than "fantasy feed" - I need it to be more specific to my league. I don't care if Adam Jones's bat is heating up, I care if someone offers me a trade, or makes a trade with another owner, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X