No announcement yet.

New CBS League Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the CBS game pages are all showing 3 balls in every game, always. Regardless of whether the game is over. Hah. I don't think it is just me, have tried around on different PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Be nice if someone could have a decent fantasy site, though. They're all crap and I've tried them all. I still have some hopes for ESPN....
      I've been sending in requests for 2+ years for them to add a 'contract' field. It seems so easy to implement and it's critical for keeper leagues, but for some odd reason they haven't done it yet.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I've been sending in requests for 2+ years for them to add a 'contract' field. It seems so easy to implement and it's critical for keeper leagues, but for some odd reason they haven't done it yet.
        You can add custom fields. I added "contract" and "salary" for my league and it works pretty well. Default values are "A" and " " but you can set those yourself to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yeah, what's wrong with the custom contract field? I don't see how a universal contract field would be any easier, since they would probably force your league to adopt their contract statuses.

Is there a place where you can see a player's contract status?
          It's bad enough that you can't see the price until you click inside the player, but I don't see contract status anywhere.
          I noticed this after inputting 3-4 freeze lists, then seeing the site freeze.
          got this jibberish:

"Your draft is currently running. If you would like to make any changes to this draft configuration, start it over or mark it as completed then you must first suspend it. After that those options will be made available to you on this page."

apparently they need a semicolon after "configuration" and "start it over" and then a comma after "completed' and following "after that."
          I think.

I take it they are "outsourcing" this stuff?

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship that I'm not even paying for (at least)
          It's right on the team's homepage. Like smack dab in the middle.

Comment

How e-mails work on CBS are so frakking ugly now. And I get spammed by all of the league e-mails. My e-mail client use to recognize it as coming from the same address and would organize it by threads. Now it's just all separate e-mails.

I found it ironic that there was a letter the popped-up at the beginning of the season from some dude. I'd like to write back and tell him to suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              How e-mails work on CBS are so frakking ugly now. And I get spammed by all of the league e-mails. My e-mail client use to recognize it as coming from the same address and would organize it by threads. Now it's just all separate e-mails.

I found it ironic that there was a letter the popped-up at the beginning of the season from some dude. I'd like to write back and tell him to suck it.
              You can turn off the league e-mails in the Alerts tab.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                You can turn off the league e-mails in the Alerts tab.
                Right, but I'm mobile most of the day and would have to constantly check the league site to see what everyone's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post

[email protected]

as if it'll do any good... (i did send in my thoughts though)
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Another aggravating point:

If I am on my league page, I cannot now get directly to other CBS pages (other than MLB scores) without going back to the CBS home page first. There used to be a general CBS banner above the league options at the top of the page, but now that's gone. I guess this is a way to direct people back to the CBS home page and rack up page hits?

Comment

Oh, and for the last 2 years, CBS had a deal where paying fantasy league members got access to MLB radio for free. It seems like that isn't the case this year. I hate CBS so much.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Oh, and for the last 2 years, CBS had a deal where paying fantasy league members got access to MLB radio for free. It seems like that isn't the case this year. I hate CBS so much.
                        I have been struggling with this too. It should work. It was advertised that it would be included. For me it works off and on but not consistently, so I'm hoping it is just bugs they are working out.

If you search in HELP for "gameday" you can find this:

What is the MLB Gameday Premium Package?

The MLB Gameday Premium Package is MLB’s premium audio and video highlight subscription, which has been integrated into your 2011 Baseball commissioner product. This package is normally $19.95 per person; however we are providing it free for every owner in your league (approx. Value $249) as part of your paid Commissioner package.

You will be able to access this feature from your live scoring page starting on Opening Day (March 31st).

The package includes:

Live audio broadcasts for all MLB games
                        Pitch-by-pitch GameTracker
                        Video highlights of the players on your fantasy team and the MLB Gameday Experience. Full game live videos will be available at MLB.com for an additional fee.

You will not need to create a separate account to access this.

Edit - I just read that it does in fact say "2011" so who knows what that means. But I think it is included this year. It was last year, and I saw nothing about it being removed.

Comment

I thought there used to be a way to, in the Rosters page area, click a link that said "Warnings" or something to show you if any teams in your league have illegal rosters for that period. Now I can't find that link. Generally this is not a problem but as a commish I liked to nip erroneous rosters in the bud if possible. Anyone know how to do this in the new site format?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            I thought there used to be a way to, in the Rosters page area, click a link that said "Warnings" or something to show you if any teams in your league have illegal rosters for that period. Now I can't find that link. Generally this is not a problem but as a commish I liked to nip erroneous rosters in the bud if possible. Anyone know how to do this in the new site format?
                            League/Details - Warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post

It is under commish tools- League- View League Warnings. I spent a bunch of time yesterday looking for it.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X