New CBS League Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS draft room sucked balls vs Draftcentral's IMO
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

switch to rotowire

Comment

I like the change. The old one looked like it was done on Windows 95. The player news stuff is weird but there is a tab for League Talk so it's fine to me.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

OK, one thing I do like is the ability to comment on a transaction or news post. That's kind of cool.

And it looks like the Player News has a bug where it lists players not on your team, but your player is noted in the blurb. Looks like they're correcting that.

Comment

Another cbs brutality.

Commish page is now useless.

Faab system is still sh!t, why didn't they direct their resources into this?

Why did cbs wait until there was 3 days until first pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              I wonder if this is about fantasy football, where you have a lot less players, more injuries (i.e. player news is more important), and days between games. Fantasy Football is presumably much more profitable than Fantasy Baseball (I'd guess about 10 times so), so if this is what they want for FF we may be stuck with it.
              that may be it.

but i suspect it's more the push to be mobile-friendly. or at least what they perceive as mobile-friendly. so that they can have a single application distributed across all platforms. this follows the lead of lots of others, including Apple itself (iCal for the Mac, anyone?). my iPhone just came up with an update to the CBS app...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I think these changes are a total clusterf*ck. After 12 years or more with CBS, for the first time I'm willing to look at other options. Does the League News column exist anywhere? We had that section on the main page that I just kept updating each week with important info like fees due, FAAB remaining, updates on MINORS whose "clocks" were ticking before they had to activated or released, etc... in addition to important league email addys/phone #s... I can't find it anywhere, and now it seems like I'm going to have go go through a mess of time to recompile all that information and then figure out how to display/disseminate it effectively.

This commish is not at all happy with the changes.
                -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                  I think these changes are a total clusterf*ck. After 12 years or more with CBS, for the first time I'm willing to look at other options. Does the League News column exist anywhere? We had that section on the main page that I just kept updating each week with important info like fees due, FAAB remaining, updates on MINORS whose "clocks" were ticking before they had to activated or released, etc... in addition to important league email addys/phone #s... I can't find it anywhere, and now it seems like I'm going to have go go through a mess of time to recompile all that information and then figure out how to display/disseminate it effectively.

This commish is not at all happy with the changes.
                  I think what you are looking for is there. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but I think if you go to the league home page and then under the banner with your league name there are tabs. Go to league news. I found our commish messages there. Hope that helps.

Comment

Yeah, it's there, it's just more annoying now. Why add extra required clicks to get to all the information I actually want and that is important? I want a main landing "home" page for the league where I can at a glance see all the things that are important. This includes:
                    - commish message
                    - league news
                    - COLLAPSED player news headlines that I can expand if I want
                    - standings
                    - transactions (fantasy ones)
                    - links to key things like live scoring, my roster, trading tool

Sure, it's flashy and all facebooky, but I'd rather have something simple and elegant that cluttered with features trying to mimic social media sites.

Comment

Meh, it's like anything else new...everyone hates it, it's different, it's weird. In 2 weeks you're all going to forget that the old layout ever existed...now get the hell off my lawn!
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I think what you are looking for is there. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but I think if you go to the league home page and then under the banner with your league name there are tabs. Go to league news. I found our commish messages there. Hope that helps.
                        The commish page is just a continueing message board. You can not edit this page. I repeat, you can NOT edit the commish message page. I even went in through the commish only section to the commish page and edited but when I went back to the main league home page, none of the edits were there. All you can do is add new messages. Sigh. commish page is the most important page for my league. I hope I am wrong.

Also, I tried to email my league with an attachment. Attachment wouldn't go through. Was it always like this or new with the changes?

Comment

Okay, I finally found it... ya, instead of being on the home page you have to go looking for it on the League Details page. Convenient placement for information we want at a glance. grrr..
                          -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                            The commish page is just a continueing message board. You can not edit this page. I repeat, you can NOT edit the commish message page. I even went in through the commish only section to the commish page and edited but when I went back to the main league home page, none of the edits were there.
                            Okay, I found the way to edit the Commissioner's message. It's in Commish Tools/Messaging. There's an Edit Commissioner's message tab. My changes held. Doesn't make the location of the information any more convenient.

Comment

I like the new look!
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I can't email my league at all. Every time I do I get some stupid "Your email contained invalid html tags and could not be posted to your league feed" message.

I guess CBS doesn't want any customers who use iPhones or gmail. Luckily there aren't too many of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X