How did I do?? AL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I do?? AL only

I’d like to get some opinions on how I did in my 8 team 5x5 auction…we lost an owner and could not replace...we've never auctioned with this few of owners

I went into the auction with the following keepers: VMart-7, KMorales-4, Lawrie-10, ACabrera-7, Cespedes-25, DeAza-10, Reddick-1, Seager-7, Ogando-4, Reed-12

I ended up drafting the following: CSantana-22, Altuve-25, Infante-14, AJackson-26, Rasmus-1, Moreland-1, King Felix-23, CC-20, Scherzer-29, Floyd-1, Myers-1, Millone-5, McGee-4

To give u an idea of how the auction went, here are some prices some of the first several hitting picks…Pujols-49, Longoria-36, Adam Jones-38, Miggy-53, Kinsler-29, Prince-49, Bautista-29, Cano-51, Reyes-43, Hamilton-27
    And here are prices for other high $ pitchers…Weaver-28, Moore-20, Dickey-16, Shields-17, Price-33

I probably could have done better with my $1 pitching picks, but given that we have an 8 man reserve roster that is now a slow snake draft, I should be able to pick up some alternative pitchers. Overall, I think I did a good job spreading the $ between hitting and pitching. It definitely helped coming in with a strong hitting squad.

What say u??

I like it. It's a pretty well balanced team. You'll need to find some saves during the season but that should not be an issue. Might be a touch light on power but still in the top half of the league. This should be a really good and competitive team.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
      I’d like to get some opinions on how I did in my 8 team 5x5 auction…we lost an owner and could not replace...we've never auctioned with this few of owners

I went into the auction with the following keepers: VMart-7, KMorales-4, Lawrie-10, ACabrera-7, Cespedes-25, DeAza-10, Reddick-1, Seager-7, Ogando-4, Reed-12

I ended up drafting the following: CSantana-22, Altuve-25, Infante-14, AJackson-26, Rasmus-1, Moreland-1, King Felix-23, CC-20, Scherzer-29, Floyd-1, Myers-1, Millone-5, McGee-4

To give u an idea of how the auction went, here are some prices some of the first several hitting picks…Pujols-49, Longoria-36, Adam Jones-38, Miggy-53, Kinsler-29, Prince-49, Bautista-29, Cano-51, Reyes-43, Hamilton-27
      And here are prices for other high $ pitchers…Weaver-28, Moore-20, Dickey-16, Shields-17, Price-33

I probably could have done better with my $1 pitching picks, but given that we have an 8 man reserve roster that is now a slow snake draft, I should be able to pick up some alternative pitchers. Overall, I think I did a good job spreading the $ between hitting and pitching. It definitely helped coming in with a strong hitting squad.

What say u??
      I like it, you had pretty strong hitting going in, so you went in the right direction getting stud pitchers. I think that you'll need to get more speed, but you should be able to deal a starter for that around mid-season if all goes right. You'll probably end up with another closer somewhere down the line, giving you several points in saves. I think that I'd back up your Reed keep with Lindstrom for a buck, you shouldn't have any competition getting him. Nice job, IMO...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Nice job. But being picky you left $7 on the table that could have made you even stronger. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

I do like what you did with your starters. I would look to stock up on some saves in the reserve round.

Comment

I may have missed $1 somewhere, but from what I listed, that was $259....I know I didn't leave $7 on the table because I was down to $1 picks...trust me, I could have used another $6 to get some guys I missed out on at $2.

I'm definitely going to try to nab alot of 'closers in waiting'.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Nice job. But being picky you left $7 on the table that could have made you even stronger. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

I do like what you did with your starters. I would look to stock up on some saves in the reserve round.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
            I may have missed $1 somewhere, but from what I listed, that was $259....I know I didn't leave $7 on the table because I was down to $1 picks...trust me, I could have used another $6 to get some guys I missed out on at $2.

I'm definitely going to try to nab alot of 'closers in waiting'.
            Oh good. I must have added it up wrong. Hmm... maybe that explains my tax troubles?

Comment

You had a great keeper list and I like the team you bought. However, it is a work in progress.

I think you spent too much on SP. Felix + CC and a bunch of <$10 guys is adequate. Why did Scherzer go for so much? You have tons of Ks, however, I think that $29 would have been better spent on a masher.

You have lots of speed as well with Lawrie, A-Cab, ADA, Altuve and AJax. I expect you to be dealing a SP and SBs for power and saves. Still, a nice problem to have.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Not to hijack, but can you tell me what Verlander went for? I am debating on keeping him at $48 or throwing him back for a $5 Sergio Santos or $9 Archer and its killin me!

Comment

If you don't mind, I'd be curious to see the full results of your auction. Maybe you can PM me, or send it as an attachment? I have a AL 10-team coming up and would be interested to compare.

Comment

X2 on that request!

Comment

Here are the results from my auction results in a google spreadsheet. The auction results are in sheet 1 and my 10-team values with keeper prices are in sheet 2.

For the first time I calculated pitcher (3.5%) and hitter (10.4%) inflation separately. It worked as most players went close to value.

Last edited by virgonomic; 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Cool, thanks - but is the "keepers" tab missing the first column, which should have names for the C/1B/etc players there? Seems like it got cut off.

I'll share mine when we draft (Mar 30).

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                          Cool, thanks - but is the "keepers" tab missing the first column, which should have names for the C/1B/etc players there? Seems like it got cut off.

I'll share mine when we draft (Mar 30).
                          Fixed. You can also check my HDID thread (and add your thoughts!) http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...p/7042-Al-hdid

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            Here are the results from my auction results in a google spreadsheet. The auction results are in sheet 1 and my 10-team values with keeper prices are in sheet 2.

For the first time I calculated pitcher (3.5%) and hitter (10.4%) inflation separately. It worked as most players went close to value.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
                            this is exactly the sort of thing you never see anywhere. extremely helpful to see an actual keeper draft, w/inflation etc.
                            thanks much for posting!
                            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I agree with the others that saves will be a light and instead of going with 3 stud pitchers, I would have prefered 2 $10-15 pitchers to spread some risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X