X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al hdid

10 Team AL 5x5
    * = keeper, # = reserve
    IF: Saltalamacchia 7* Jaso 7 Morneau 6* Altuve 27 Longoria 30 SDrew 5 Beltre 27 Profar 1
    OF: CDavis 14* Reddick 1* Ellsbury 28 De Aza 19 Boesch 3 Scott 1
    P: Dickey 28 Wilson 20 Norris 4 Buehrle 3 Happ 1 Albuquerque 1 Benoit 2* Reed 8* Hanrahan 17
    B: Greene 10# Archer 10# Doolittle 5# JRivera 5# Valencia 1#
    DL: Feliz 1#

I wanted to get 2 good starters, more speed than last year and some big bats.

I had bought Longo, Beltre, Ellsbury, Dickey and Wilson early because they were targets or had good prices (Beltre).

I overspent on Jaso because he was the last good catcher available, and was a target of mine.

Was thrilled to get Profar for $1 as the 102nd player (after 70 keepers). Was also really happy to get Boesch, Scott, Buehrle, Happ and Al-Al.

Grabbed Greene as Profar insurance. I will DL Feliz and FAAB a replacement.

So, HDID?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Drew at 5 could be a very very nice buy. I feel he's being overlooked.

Comment

Looks like you did a nice job of balancing things out...good power, speed, and pitching. Looks like a really good job...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Drew at 5 could be a very very nice buy. I feel he's being overlooked.
        He could, or he could be out all year with the concussion. He's a crapshoot, but at $5, a nice crapshoot. I love Profar at $1, too, with a backup, he's great. Not a fan of the big bucks on Dickey---he could be worth it, he might not, but I wouldn't pay $28 to find out. Otherwise, a nice looking team, as Hornsby noted, it is a well balanced team.

That all being said, doesn't the thread title "Al hdid" look like an Arabic name?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          He could, or he could be out all year with the concussion. He's a crapshoot, but at $5, a nice crapshoot. I love Profar at $1, too, with a backup, he's great. Not a fan of the big bucks on Dickey---he could be worth it, he might not, but I wouldn't pay $28 to find out. Otherwise, a nice looking team, as Hornsby noted, it is a well balanced team.

That all being said, doesn't the thread title "Al hdid" look like an Arabic name?
          I was surprised he got through. A bunch of owners needed MI and I figured he'd go for $10. He and Archer are nice trade chips.

The draft didn't start in my browser so I missed out on a $25 CC at #1 who I'd have been all over. I wanted one of Felix/CC/Weaver and one of Wilson/Peavy/Dickey. We all grew up 2h from Toronto so I may have paid Blue Jay Inflation on Dickey. I get all 162 games on cable so at least I have a reason to tune in.

The forum converted the title to lower case on me. Again.

Comment

as others have said, good balance. some nice late game pickups too, I like Scott at 1, should get you good value. Hanrahan at 17 isn't too bad either, i think he'll go mid-20's in my league. And I agree with cavebird, if I'm paying 28 for a SP he better be as low risk as possisble - Dickey doesn't fit that mold. Maybe there's a trade opportunity there.

Curious, if Altuve went for 27 how much did Reyes go for?
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Reyes went for 37(!). He went to an owner returning after a 10-year absence. As we all grew up 2h from Toronto, we have typically overpaid for Blue Jays. In the past when we did live auctions someone would yell out "you can watch him on TV all the time!" and the bidding would continue. I wanted Andrus or Altuve up the middle, and hoped Altuve would go under the radar. I had him valued at 29 so I was happy to get him for 27.

I got into a bidding war for Dickey. I had him priced at 16, but wanted an ace and missed out on CC (25) and Felix (32). Dickey came up before Wilson, Peavy, Weaver. I was not going to go 30 and thought the other owner might go to 29. If he gets off to a good start a trade makes sense.

I decided Hanrahan was the closer I trusted. I wanted no part of the CLE, TOR, ANA or OAK situations, which left Rivera (19), Johnson (15), Hanrahan and Veras (9). I felt that with Reed (8) already I could buy a closer at value and be set.

BTW love your Reyes quote.
              Last edited by virgonomic; 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Today I realized that prior to last year, I won in 2001 and 2005 and one owner won every other year. Time to raise another flag!

Comment

Working...
                X