2K13 Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13 Colorado Rockies

Tyler Colvin: 18 HRs, .290 AVE, 72 RBIs, 7 SBs, in 420 AB last year. How many ABs does he get in 2013? What his $$ value for 2013 in a 9 team NL-only league?

3rd base: Chris Nelson - How long before Arenado pushes him to the bench?

Is Wilton Lopez next in line to close?

Starting Pitchers: Is there anyone who is draftable in a 9 team NL-only league?

What ElD said.

Outfield and First Base- Fowler in CF, and CarGo in LF, both for as many ABs as they can handle. Colvin/Cuddyer are both RF/1B options, along with Helton and Pacheco at 1B. If Helton is more or less out of the picture, you could see an effective Pacheco/Colvin platoon. Eric Young Jr. looks like the 4th OF with Charlie Blackmon starting at AAA. There are a couple of other 4th OF candidates floating around that could be worth a buck - Tim Wheeler, Kyle Parker, etc.

Third Base - Nelson is the starter while Arenado gets more seasoning. Pacheco will get a few ABs here too.

Second Base - Rutledge is the heavy favorite, especially with Nelson pushed over to 3B.

Rotation - Chacin and JDLR have the potential to earn a couple bucks. Nicasio is a sleeper, maybe a reserve pick. Same with Pomeranz, but I don't think he's ready to be a contributor to a roto team yet. Jeff Francis is a stay-away. Chris Volstad, also in the mix, also a stay-away.

Bullpen - Yeah, I think Belisle or Brothers have been in the mix for so long that the org might have the sentiment to let them try. But the Rox have a new manager who doesn't owe them loyalty, so who knows? In a 9-team mixed I wouldn't take any of them, in a 12 teamer I like both Belisle and Brothers for ratios, Brothers especially because of his monster Ks.

Comment

I'll guess that Colvin gets about the same number of at-bats this year as last year. He earned more playing time last year, but he's blocked by The Todd Helton Farewell tour (until Helton's back gives out) and Michael Cuddyer, who should be traded at mideason. He also should have been traded in the offseason, but this is an organization that often doesn't do what it should.

Chris Nelson is a huge organizational favorite on a team that's likely not going to sniff the playoffs. Pairing that with service time considerations, I think the team will wait as long as they reasonably can to give Arenado the call. If Nelson is tanking, the team is contending, and Arenado is killing it in AAA, a mid-season call-up is possible. Under different circumstances, I can see them waiting even longer to give him his shot. He is only 21.

Matt Belisle is another organizational favorite, and he's earned it - he's the poster boy for how not to suck at Coors Field. Assuming the team in not in the hunt come summer, Rafael Betancourt should be moved at midseason, unless the terms of his 2014 option throws a wrench into that somehow. I think a lot of baseball people in Colorado assume Belisle will be next in line to close, but I tend to think it will be Lopez. He has a reputation for being a bit frail, whereas Belisle is a horse who can come into a mess, get out of a traffic jam, and then pitch another inning or two. On-field performance will tell, too, of course.

In a 9-team NL-Only league... man, I don't think I could pull the trigger on any Rockies starter. If either Chacin or De La Rosa was coming off a solid, healthy season, I might drop a buck on one or the other in the end game. As it stands, you can probably do better sifting through some other team's back-end or bullpen. If you can stash either one as a reserve, sure, go for it.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

What are the chances now that Nolan Arenado makes the opening day roster?
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          What are the chances now that Nolan Arenado makes the opening day roster?
          We had to decide on keepers, and everything I hear suggests he will make the team. But that's guesswork.

Comment

Teams always seem to give lip service to their young studs in spring training before eventually sending them back down. Arenado didn't exactly tear up AA last year so they shouldn't let a handful of spring games cloud their judgment regarding his development curve.

I like Chacin as a bounceback candidate. Last year he dealt with a host of injuries and still ended up with decent enough numbers, this after 2 seasons of quality production. Plus, he's only 23.

Comment

Rockies prospect Nolan Arenado will open the 2013 regular season at Triple-A Colorado Springs.
              Arenado made a great impression this spring, but the Rockies are sending him back to the minor leagues to get a little more seasoning (and to delay his arbitration clock). Chris Nelson will start at third base for Colorado. Arenado will be worth picking up in deeper mixed fantasy leagues once he finally gets the call.

The one time I wanted a prospect to make the opening day roster and it doesn't happen. I now have to trade one of Arenado, Taveras, Baez, Wheeler and Wong so I can use my #2 pick overall to get either d'Arnauld or Puig.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Rockies prospect Nolan Arenado will open the 2013 regular season at Triple-A Colorado Springs.
                Arenado made a great impression this spring, but the Rockies are sending him back to the minor leagues to get a little more seasoning (and to delay his arbitration clock). Chris Nelson will start at third base for Colorado. Arenado will be worth picking up in deeper mixed fantasy leagues once he finally gets the call.

The one time I wanted a prospect to make the opening day roster and it doesn't happen. I now have to trade one of Arenado, Taveras, Baez, Wheeler and Wong so I can use my #2 pick overall to get either d'Arnauld or Puig.
                I don't think Wong is remotely in the league of these others. Not the end of the world there.

FWIW I got burned with Arenado too.

Comment

Is Jordan Pacheco going to get full-time ABs moving around?
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    Is Jordan Pacheco going to get full-time ABs moving around?
                    I don't see a path for Pacheco getting full-time AB's. Chris Nelson is opening the season at 3B. Both guys are right-handed, so there's not a platoon possibility there. If Chris Nelson sucks so badly that he needs to be replaced, Arenado is likely the first option, depending on what point in the season that decision needs to be made.

They're not going to platoon Helton. If/when Helton gets injured, Tyler Colvin is the likely PT beneficiary. Pacheco might platoon against lefties in a Helton disaster scenario, but Cuddyer to 1B/ EY2 to RF is just as likely.

He's not going to get significant innings behind the plate. Barring some crazy scenario where multiple players ahead of him on the depth chart are wiped out by injury/ trade/ suckitude, *and* he catches fire at just the right time, I'll be surprised if he sniffs 400 AB's this year.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Didn't D'arnaud and Puig get sent down as well? why not just keep him, he will be up in a couple of months probably

Comment

What kind of playing time (and at which positions) will EYjr see this year? Any read on it?

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          I don't see a path for Pacheco getting full-time AB's. Chris Nelson is opening the season at 3B. Both guys are right-handed, so there's not a platoon possibility there. If Chris Nelson sucks so badly that he needs to be replaced, Arenado is likely the first option, depending on what point in the season that decision needs to be made.

They're not going to platoon Helton. If/when Helton gets injured, Tyler Colvin is the likely PT beneficiary. Pacheco might platoon against lefties in a Helton disaster scenario, but Cuddyer to 1B/ EY2 to RF is just as likely.

He's not going to get significant innings behind the plate. Barring some crazy scenario where multiple players ahead of him on the depth chart are wiped out by injury/ trade/ suckitude, *and* he catches fire at just the right time, I'll be surprised if he sniffs 400 AB's this year.

Thank you good man! I was hoping to catch some lightning given his C-eligibility in Yahoo.
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by sherman51 View Post
                            Didn't D'arnaud and Puig get sent down as well? why not just keep him, he will be up in a couple of months probably
                            They both got sent down, which is why I am going to draft one of them in the minor league draft. I want to keep Arenado, I'm hoping to trade Wong to use the pick.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              What kind of playing time (and at which positions) will EYjr see this year? Any read on it?
                              Eh, I'm gonna go with "not much." His defense will keep him on the bench. Barring a serious injury to CarGo or Fowler, his path to playing time probably requires 1) Michael Cuddyer being traded, AND 2) EY2 outplaying Tyler Colvin at that point. Condition 1 is possible; it *should* happen if/when the team isn't contending at mid-season, but like I said earlier, this organization often doesn't do what it should. As for Condition 2... who knows? Colvin was great last year, but has looked like garbage in Spring Training. Helton's health is the wildcard here - if Cuddyer departs AND Helton is shut down, then Colvin goes to 1B, and RF is EY2's for the taking. So, a lot has to go right for Young to play, IMO.

In Colorado, that is. Another possibililty - The Rockies move EY2 at the trade deadline to some bargain shopping bottom feeder who wants to give an exciting offensive player a shot. Clint Hurdle can't seem to resist collecting ex-Rockies in Pittsburgh. Could happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X