2K13 Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    I swear, the problem with Tulo is not his body. It's his head. He doesn't get hurt because he's physically fragile. He gets hurt because he doesn't know when to give up on a play. Every major injury he's had has been triggered by or exacerbated by a reckless dive for a ball when he had no chance of making the play, or a crazy awkward throw when he had no chance of getting the runner, or stretching himself trying to take an extra base he had no chance to make it in the first place. Last night was a perfect example: He was thrown out at home plate by a mile - he had zero chance of making it safely. Yeah, it was a bad decision by the third base coach, but as a runner, once you realize that and you know you're cooked, ease up, man, just pull up and take the tag and live to fight another day. Not Tulo - he had to barrel in there with an awkward slide and try to make the impossible play yet again. It's frustrating to see such bad judgment over and over again.

The good news is: If he ever develops an instinct for self-preservation a la Barry Bonds, these injuries could stop immediately. The bad news is: It'll probably never happen. I love the guy, but he's dumber than a box of rocks. He's a full-tilt player, even in situations when taking his foot of the pedal would be the wiser choice, and that is his undoing. The worst thing a superstar player can do for his team is take himself out of the lineup for weeks or months at a time - I hope he figures that out someday.
    I think there are a few players who fit this description. Brett Lawrie immediately comes to mind.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      I think there are a few players who fit this description. Brett Lawrie immediately comes to mind.
      He's the one that comes to mind for me. We call Lawrie "Aggro."

When he hits a HR, he Aggro'd the ball over the fence.
      When he injures himself being too aggressive, he Aggro'd his hamstring.

Comment

The Rockies sign Roy Oswalt to a minor league deal...

Linky - http://www.purplerow.com/2013/5/3/42...riday-rockpile
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Tyler Colvin recalled per Troy Renck

Comment

Eric Young Jr. DFA'd. That's kinda surprising, no?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              sucks to be a guy out of options. I don't think he'll be out of work long but he may not be in the NL

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Mets just traded for him with Colin McHugh going the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  I swear, the problem with Tulo is not his body. It's his head. He doesn't get hurt because he's physically fragile. He gets hurt because he doesn't know when to give up on a play. Every major injury he's had has been triggered by or exacerbated by a reckless dive for a ball when he had no chance of making the play, or a crazy awkward throw when he had no chance of getting the runner, or stretching himself trying to take an extra base he had no chance to make it in the first place. Last night was a perfect example: He was thrown out at home plate by a mile - he had zero chance of making it safely. Yeah, it was a bad decision by the third base coach, but as a runner, once you realize that and you know you're cooked, ease up, man, just pull up and take the tag and live to fight another day. Not Tulo - he had to barrel in there with an awkward slide and try to make the impossible play yet again. It's frustrating to see such bad judgment over and over again.

The good news is: If he ever develops an instinct for self-preservation a la Barry Bonds, these injuries could stop immediately. The bad news is: It'll probably never happen. I love the guy, but he's dumber than a box of rocks. He's a full-tilt player, even in situations when taking his foot of the pedal would be the wiser choice, and that is his undoing. The worst thing a superstar player can do for his team is take himself out of the lineup for weeks or months at a time - I hope he figures that out someday.
                  Where is Rutledge in this picture. i know his season has been a crater, but is he going to be a factor come spring?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X