No announcement yet.

I did something I never thought I'd do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I considered taking Tulo as well, but his health concerns me. He's only had 500 ABs twice in his career.

I figure with Strasburg at least he has already had TJ surgery.

That being said - if Tulo somehow drops me in the 2nd I'll take him without hesitation.

The one that really surprised me was Posey at #2. I figured he'd go fairly earlier than Roto, but not 1st round.

Comment

2nd Round
      11 Andrew McCutchen
      12 Troy Tulowitzki
      13 Madison Bumgarner
      14 Matt Cain
      15 Zack Greinke
      16 Jayson Heyward (Me)
      17 Justin Upton
      18 Cliff Lee
      19 Kris Medlen
      20 Adrian Gonzalez

Comment

You'll understand how important aces are come playoff time.

Honestly, scoresheet is pretty easy. You want hitters that get on base and pitchers that don't allow runners and you use great set up men to close.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I'm torn between Goldschmidt and taking another pitcher with my pick in the 3rd tomorrow morning.

The highest rated arms still available are Zimmerman, Halladay, Wainwright, Lincecum, Haren, Cueto.

Any advice?
          Last edited by Stephen; 03-07-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Wright, Zimmerman, Holliday, Choo, Hanley, Sandoval, Utley, Fowler, Headley and Phillips.

I have yet figured out how important defense is, so that should be interesting.

So far I have Strasburg (24) and Heyward (23) so apparently I'm building young.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              I'm torn between Goldschmidt and taking another pitcher with my pick in the 3rd tomorrow morning.

The highest rated arms still available are Zimmerman, Halladay, Wainwright, Lincecum, Haren, Cueto.

Any advice?
              how do Park Effects work in Scoresheet? I've owned Cueto in Sim leagues (Diamond Mind) in a more pitcher friendly park and his numbers are outstanding
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

My understanding is that since it takes his actual performance from week to week into the simulations it wouldn't be factored in, but one of the Scoresheet vets could answer that better than I.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  how do Park Effects work in Scoresheet? I've owned Cueto in Sim leagues (Diamond Mind) in a more pitcher friendly park and his numbers are outstanding
                  It sims more to results versus skills than other games. The park influences the results - that's really the only connection.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I was all set to select Cueto, but he was taken right in front of me.

My pick is in 30 minutes and I think I've decided to trust BP and take the best ranked pitcher on the board other than Halladay who is 36 and this is a long term keeper league.

I'm selecting Tim Lincecum. High risk, high reward - I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      I was all set to select Cueto, but he was taken right in front of me.

My pick is in 30 minutes and I think I've decided to trust BP and take the best ranked pitcher on the board other than Halladay who is 36 and this is a long term keeper league.

I'm selecting Tim Lincecum. High risk, high reward - I hope.
                      I hope not over J-Zim!!

Comment

Yep, over J-Zim.

BP had Zimmerman ranked 224 SSSIM points lower than Lincecum.

I'm trusting their metrics since I'm flying a little blind and scoresheet is such a different concept than the Roto I'm used to.

Here is their Draft Aid: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fa...heet/draftaid/. I'm League wP_NL819 if you want to populate it for my league.

Comment

It's done. We'll see how it pans out.

Comment

I'm going to keep posting these round by round because I find the concept of Scoresheet fascinating now.

3rd Round:
                            21. Mat Latos
                            22. Gio Gonzalez
                            23. Adam Wainwright
                            24. Johnny Cueto
                            25. Tim Lincecum
                            26. David Wright
                            27. Ryan Zimmerman
                            28. Matt Harvey
                            29 Jordan Zimmermann
                            30. Pablo Sandoval

Comment

In a keeper league I think I would have had to have gone David Wright in that spot.

Comment

Apparently, I'm addicted to pitching now. Everyone says that deep SP is the way to go and I'm pretty ahppy with my group of arms.

My score sheet team after 12 picks:

1 Eaton (L) (24) (CF)
                                2 Headley (R) (28) (3B)
                                3 Heyward (L) (23) (RF)
                                4 Freeman (R) (23) (1B)
                                6 Utley (L) (34) (2B)

SP Stephen Strasburg (23)
                                SP Tim Lincecum (29)
                                SP Lance Lynn (26)
                                SP Shawn Marcum (31)
                                SP Michael Fiers (27)
                                SP Julio Teheran (21)
                                P
                                RP Brandon Beachy (26) (DL)
                                RP
                                RP
                                RP
                                RP

In the 13th round I'm looking at a group of Pence, Soriano, Kubel, Hart, Werth, Span, Bourn (he was still considered NL when Scoresheet Players were finalized) so I took Beachy in the 12th.

Shortstop is a ghostland so I'll end up with someone like Scutaro, Segura or Everth Cabrera in that spot likely with the 14th and look to trade an arm to someone in season.

Comment

Working...
                                X