No announcement yet.

2k13: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellickson demoted, may be recalled in September, although maybe for bullpen duty only.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

He could be back as soon as 9/2. He needs a rest - he's a mess

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        He could be back as soon as 9/2. He needs a rest - he's a mess
        Does this mean that Hernandez stays in the rotation when Moore returns or is it a who knows type of situation? Given that they are obviously in contention, I would guess that it means that the rotation is Price, Cobb, Moore, Archer and hope that they can skip the fifth starter most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Does this mean that Hernandez stays in the rotation when Moore returns or is it a who knows type of situation? Given that they are obviously in contention, I would guess that it means that the rotation is Price, Cobb, Moore, Archer and hope that they can skip the fifth starter most of the time.
          Odorizzi as the #5?

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Odorizzi comes up to start on Thursday with Price & Cobb being pushed back a day. They've been working on 4 days rest so that fixes that and lines up Price and Cobb for the home series against Boston next month.

Hernandez looked very good last night so I'm not sure what they'll do once rosters expand.

Comment

Josh Lueke, Luke Scott, Delmon Young and Yunel Escobar all on the field at the same time.

Great organization. What a group of model citizens they've acquired.

Comment

Luke Scott hasn't committed a hate crime or butt raped anyone. Very unfair to loop him into that group, despite his idiotic birther beliefs

That said, this team....

Attached Files

Comment

Luke Scott hasn't committed a hate crime or butt raped anyone. Very unfair to loop him into that group, despite his idiotic birther beliefs
                  While I hate defending him, neither did Yunel Escobar. MLB had every right to fine/suspend him, but his expression - no matter how abominable - is not a crime.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Fun game to be at tonite. Would be nice if the Jays can give Texas a chance for that last wildcard spot ... seems that Cleveland will roll over the Twins this weekend for the other.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

David Price thinks he'll be traded this off season. So let the speculation begin. Peter Gammons thinks the Dodgers are a fit with Julio Urias as the centerpiece along with players like Joc Pederson and Corey Seager. I was thinking something with Texas involving Profar. Or perhaps the Mets might want to make a splash with Travis d'Arnaud as part of a deal.

What do you guys think?
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Texas is an interesting matchup, I can't see Profar unless Price was willing to sign an extension first. Martin Perez and Roughened Odor may be a nice get as well. Not sure if one team should own Odor and Odorizzi...
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

They need to get positional prospects, preferably in the OF. Jennings & Myers have 2 spots, but there's no internal 3rd spot. No interest at DeJesus at $6.5M and Joyce is a goner IMO as his career is backsliding.

Comment

They need to get positional prospects, preferably in the OF. Jennings & Myers have 2 spots, but there's no internal 3rd spot. No interest at DeJesus at $6.5M and Joyce is a goner IMO as his career is backsliding.
                            IMO the need to get at least 2 of the following if they trade Price: C, MI, 1B/DH with power, controllable SP. If they only get one it better be a stud (i.e. Profar) Whatever they don't fill via Price they have to get via FA----I can see Delmon back as the DH at a reasonable deal. One more good bat to go with Longoria and Myers would make a world of difference. As for OF's there are reclamation projects available every year, that's where you go cheap---if you get a MI, you can move Zobrist to the OF. Do they pick up the options on Zobrist (7M) and Escobar (5M)?
                            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              David Price thinks he'll be traded this off season. So let the speculation begin. Peter Gammons thinks the Dodgers are a fit with Julio Urias as the centerpiece along with players like Joc Pederson and Corey Seager. I was thinking something with Texas involving Profar. Or perhaps the Mets might want to make a splash with Travis d'Arnaud as part of a deal.

What do you guys think?
                              I think that Gammons is demented if he thinks the Dodgers would actually pay that kind of price...Seager has become a top 25 prospect, and Urias was blowing away people in single A at the age of 16. Now I know TINSTAAPP and all that, but this kid has the potential to be some kind of special. Why deal potential studs off when you can just sign Price as a free agent in a couple of years?
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                I think that Gammons is demented if he thinks the Dodgers would actually pay that kind of price...Seager has become a top 25 prospect, and Urias was blowing away people in single A at the age of 16. Now I know TINSTAAPP and all that, but this kid has the potential to be some kind of special. Why deal potential studs off when you can just sign Price as a free agent in a couple of years?
                                I can answer that last question. They would do it because they want to win big NOW, and because if they have Price now they can perhaps lock him into a better deal than he'd get if he waited for free agency.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X