No announcement yet.

2k13: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's throwing already, but no timetable has been announced. Rays are always incredibly secretive with everything

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Bullpen and Jamey Wright is a groundballer to eat some innings. Given their park and Maddon's usage, Peralta/McGee/Farnsy/Hernandez could all earn at least a buck in AL-only leagues.
      Jamey Wright with the win - I guess the way back machine was in effect last night

Comment

They had no choice with the damn rain delays. The 2nd inning end until midnight

Comment

reports are that Price will be out until late June if not early July

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            reports are that Price will be out until late June if not early July
            So does that mean Archer will be in the rotation until then?
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              So does that mean Archer will be in the rotation until then?
              yes, and maybe further if Hernandez doesn't get it together

Comment

Price reportedly had a great session today; gets one more on Wednesday & then will go out on a rehab assignment

Comment

Do the Rays act chippy all the time, or just against the Red Sox? Because it happens incredibly often against Boston, and often without any clear reason why (though the second one tonight looked intentional---as was the Rays baiting him earlier and charging the field on the second one)

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Epic.

Amazing. Yunel's play is jaw-dropping, but there's even more great stuff there. Price backing off and trusting Escobar to make the play, Zobrist with the bare hand and making sure he stays on the bag...wow.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Amazing. Yunel's play is jaw-dropping, but there's even more great stuff there. Price backing off and trusting Escobar to make the play, Zobrist with the bare hand and making sure he stays on the bag...wow.
                      Yeah, I couldn't catch my breath last night at the gym -- they'd show the Hudson injury and then this play and my mind was all a flutter with the intertwining of tragedy and awesomeness (and treadmilling, lol). What an incredible confluence of talents on that play.

Comment

As a one-time second baseman, I can tell you that this is one scary play to make. On a normal double play ball, you have some peripheral view of the runner as you catch the ball and turn to make the pivot. Not this time. Zobrist had no idea if he was going to turn just as the runner banged into him. It's the kind of play shredded knees and busted ankles are made of.

Just imagine how much publicity this play would have gotten if a "major market" team had pulled it off.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          As a one-time second baseman, I can tell you that this is one scary play to make. On a normal double play ball, you have some peripheral view of the runner as you catch the ball and turn to make the pivot. Not this time. Zobrist had no idea if he was going to turn just as the runner banged into him. It's the kind of play shredded knees and busted ankles are made of.

Just imagine how much publicity this play would have gotten if a "major market" team had pulled it off.
                          Well, I don't know how many other second basemen out there have a shortstop's arm like Zobrist, but one of them does play in a major market (Cano).

Comment

That Yunel glove flip gets more amazing each time I watch it.

Comment

Rays re-sign Delmon Young and also put in a claim on David DeJesus on waivers from the Nats.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                That Yunel glove flip gets more amazing each time I watch it.
                                Some people wonder why infielders spend some of their practice time on such "acrobatics". Some is to show off, some to counteract boredom, and some is to have something, anything, for improbable situations like this, when there's no other way to get the job done. If you've practiced it, instinct will have you doing it rather than thinking and not being able to react in time. The key is to master the routine plays before getting into the flashy stuff.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X