2k13: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    what the heck has gotten into James Loney??
    Sadly, whatever it was appears to have gotten back out. Hitting .245-1-4 over the last 14 days.

Comment

good note in here on McGee http://t.co/3Jev01Wc8K

Comment

on Loney, the Rays have faced a heavy dose of lefties in recent weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          on Loney, the Rays have faced a heavy dose of lefties in recent weeks
          There was also a MASSIVE regression due for Loney as well. We have to remember that outside of April of this year, he cannot hit.

Comment

CB - I don't think you emphasized "massive" enough.

Of course, as a Wil Myers owner, I'm hoping the massive regression happens massively fast.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              CB - I don't think you emphasized "massive" enough.

Of course, as a Wil Myers owner, I'm hoping the massive regression happens massively fast.
              Fortunately for you, this is James Loney we are talking about.

Comment

Way to go, Josh Sale!

"For most baseball players, a 50-game drug ban would be a career low-point. Most baseball players aren't Josh Sale.

The Tampa Bay Rays' minor league prospect showed the world how much of a winner he is by boasting on Facebook about humiliating a stripper for cheap laughs.Threw 50 cents at a stripper tonight. First time. Got kicked out and she got so pissed thought she was gonna cry," Sale proudly wrote on his public Facebook page, via Deadspin.

Then came the eloquent parting shot, courtesy of a 21-year-old who's clearly wise beyond his years.
                "Your a stripper. Be thankful. Hoe."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2UhzuO3Ut

Comment

Since he's mastered throwing the change, make him a pitcher

Comment

Way to go, Josh Sale!
                    Someone needs to let Sale know that being a tool is not one of the 5 tools teams look for in prospects.

Comment

After reading about Sale, I started to think how many malcontents the Rays have had over the years: Hamilton, D. Young, the legendary Toe Nash, Elijah Dukes. What's the connection here? Why do these players end up in Tampa, or why are these types succeeding in becoming malcontents there? This sort of thing wouldn't fly in the Yankee organization, for example.

Comment

and now Alex Colome makes his MLB debut tomorrow as Alex Cobb was scratched with a fingernail issue. Moore opens up in Cleveland

Comment

After reading about Sale, I started to think how many malcontents the Rays have had over the years: Hamilton, D. Young, the legendary Toe Nash, Elijah Dukes. What's the connection here? Why do these players end up in Tampa, or why are these types succeeding in becoming malcontents there? This sort of thing wouldn't fly in the Yankee organization, for example.
                          All of those others are from the previous regime where talent always won out.

Now, Sale is the first true homegrown trouble. They've signed Matt Bush, traded for Josh Lueke and Escobar. Bush was an idiot, and still is. Escobar had a bad rep but has been nothing but awesome here. Lueke is in a place all by himself and should stay there.

I see people lumping Luke Scott into the mix and that's pathetic. I hate birthers as much as the rest, but you trivialize sexual assault when you lump in birthers went buttrapers.

Comment

Looks like Cobb's next start will now be on Tuesday so all signs point to Archer coming up on Saturday to face Cleveland.

Comment

So at this point it's hard to say who will be up long term, Archer or Colome? For a team that usually has so much stability the Rays' rotation sure is a mess these days. Price DL'd. Cobb pushed back. Helix terrible. Good thing they have their rock, Fauxsto Hernandez. Plus some guy who's 8-0, what was his name again?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything more about how long Price will be out? On the ESPN FF, they were speculating it might be longer than TB is letting on. I have a chance to move him for Beltre but I'm dying for some pitching so I'm hesitant to do it...

Comment

Working...
                                X