2k13: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Neimann had shoulder surgery and is out for the year?

(Reported on this morning's Fantasy Focus... I hadn't heard that)

Does that mean we're on Archer Watch?
    Nope

Niemann was already assigned to the pen after losing the job to Robersto Hernandmona. If he flops, then you're on Archer watch.

Comment

Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times writes that right shoulder surgery for Jeff Niemann "remains likely."
      Advice: Niemann is being re-evaluated Monday evening, and an announcement might not come until Tuesday. However, it's looking like surgery -- likely of the season-ending variety -- is probable
      Still not sure who to believe here, but it's not like middle reliever Niemann is worth owning anyway.

Comment

He's having the surgery at this moment - drop him in any format

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          He's having the surgery at this moment - drop him in any format
          Jason, do you think he's worth holding onto in a 16-team mixed dynasty league where he's signed for the next 3 years at $1 per? We have a long term DL slot that I could stick him in for the rest of the year. But being that's it's a shoulder injury, I worry that he may not be worth owning next year in any event. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Skrappy1 View Post
            Jason, do you think he's worth holding onto in a 16-team mixed dynasty league where he's signed for the next 3 years at $1 per? We have a long term DL slot that I could stick him in for the rest of the year. But being that's it's a shoulder injury, I worry that he may not be worth owning next year in any event. Any thoughts?
            still not worth it

Comment

still not worth it
              Thanks, was afraid you'd say that. Guess I can just chalk it up to yet another of my cheap pitching gambles this year that have just not panned out, along with Brayan Villarreal (Holds league), David Phelps, and Brandon Maurer.

Comment

So, at what point does the Roberto Hernandez experiment end, and the Rays call up Archer?

Comment

Honestly, last night was the 1st time Hernandez looked like crap. I was impressed with his earlier efforts but last night was rather messy as early on, even his outs were rocket shots.

Comment

I'd speculate on Hernandez... He's getting more k's than ever. Unlikely that holds up but I'd take a shot.

on a side note, I liked him better as Fausto. There are too many Hernandez's.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Cobb gets 13 K's, 23 swings and misses...and can't make it through 5 innings. Gave up 2 solo HR's in the first, then a dropped 3rd strike led to that hitter stealing 2nd, 3rd, and being balked home. Add into it 2 infield hits, and a bunch of spoiled pitches and he throws 117 pitches in 4.2 innings. 1st guy to ever strike out 13 in less than 5 complete innings.

Comment

Cobb gets 13 K's, 23 swings and misses...and can't make it through 5 innings. Gave up 2 solo HR's in the first, then a dropped 3rd strike led to that hitter stealing 2nd, 3rd, and being balked home. Add into it 2 infield hits, and a bunch of spoiled pitches and he throws 117 pitches in 4.2 innings. 1st guy to ever strike out 13 in less than 5 complete innings.
                        I thought that box score was a typo when I first read it. 13 of his 14 outs were Ks, if my math is right.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yep..craziest game.

2 solo HRs, 2 infield hits, one clean base hit....everyone else struck out. He K'd every hitter at least one.

Comment

what the heck has gotten into James Loney??

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              what the heck has gotten into James Loney??
                              He is not on my team?

Comment

enjoy this Kelly Johnson piece by my colleague Tommy Rancel - http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...ays?src=mobile

Comment

Working...
                                X