No announcement yet.

2K14: John Axford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see some analysis from Moonlight J or pjs24 on HOW he was tipping his pitches. I just thought he was pulling a Brad Lidge, ignoring a perfectly good fastball because he was in love with his slider.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

I'll work on that today.

Axford said he was tired from the WBC early on, which explains why he gave up 9 ER in his first 4 outings

Comment

have something queued up to go at fangraphs shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          have something queued up to go at fangraphs shortly.
          Made to order.......nice!
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Here you go

We officially learned yesterday that John Axford had a tipping problem. Specifically, the Cardinals scouting staff noticed he had been tipping his pitches nearly the entire time they had scouted him.

Comment

Good stuff J.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
              X