Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best group of minor leaguers in your league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bostonianboy View Post
    Bah! I need to change that. I lived in Williamsburg off the L for 10 years after going to Fordham...now I live in Austin TX...the Brooklyn of Texas!
    Bostonianboy lists Brooklyn NY but lives in Austin TX. Got it......i think.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Bostonianboy lists Brooklyn NY but lives in Austin TX. Got it......i think.
      thats right! hadnt changed it since I moved from Brooklyn to Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonianboy View Post
        thats right! hadnt changed it since I moved from Brooklyn to Austin
        Didn't realize you've been on this site for 2 years. When i saw 12 posts, i assumed you just recently created your profile. That's why i was kidding you about the inconsistency.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know if it's the best in the RJEL (20-team mixed), but it's pretty good...

Jurickson Profar
          Kolten Wong
          Adam Eaton
          Shelby Miller
          Julio Teheran
          Wilmer Flores
          Micheal Choice

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            I don't know if it's the best in the RJEL (20-team mixed), but it's pretty good...

Jurickson Profar
            Kolten Wong
            Adam Eaton
            Shelby Miller
            Julio Teheran
            Wilmer Flores
            Micheal Choice
            I might put the group of Myers, Boegarts, Rendon, Rosario, Hak Ju Lee, Franklin, Leonys Martin, Bauer and Jose Fernandez above yours in RJEL but still very solid

Comment

No worries...I am not the most active poster but I read posts all the time. Great source for advice...even for a lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                I might put the group of Myers, Boegarts, Rendon, Rosario, Hak Ju Lee, Franklin, Leonys Martin, Bauer and Jose Fernandez above yours in RJEL but still very solid
                We go so deep in that league that a lot of us have solid groups. I have Oscar Taveras, Christian Yelich, George Springer, Jonathan Singleton, Gary Sanchez, Carlos Martinez, Tyler Skaggs, James Paxton and the way far off Luis Heredia.

Comment

How about the following in AL only:

Olt
                  Tyler Austin
                  Hak-Ju Lee
                  Bogaerts
                  Sano

with the potential of replacing Lee with Gary Sanchez

Comment

We only keep 6 so I had to trade away a lot of talent for less value than they are worth but this is what I'm keeping:

Myers
                    Cole
                    Fernandez
                    Zunino
                    Correa
                    Bauer

I also have four first round draft picks so I should be able to add to this quite nicely.

Last year I had:

Trout
                    Harper
                    Moore
                    Bauer
                    Cole
                    Gary Brown

Just those top three alone is as good as my farm teams will ever get.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

What do you guys think about how many minor leaguer slots makes sense? We allow just three. More sounds nice but what's the trade off? Also we don't allow them to be traded in-season. Hitters are 8-s2, pitchers 5-s2. It works on but in curious to hear about your rules / approaches.

Comment

We allow 8, and they are 5-S2 until the year after they lose rookie status (130 AB, 50 IP in MLB).

I'd rather we had fewer, but these owners LOVE those farmhands.
                        2-round April 15 draft, and a 1-rounder on June 15. Lots of teams have all 8 slots filled at that point...
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          We allow 8, and they are 5-S2 until the year after they lose rookie status (130 AB, 50 IP in MLB).

I'd rather we had fewer, but these owners LOVE those farmhands.
                          2-round April 15 draft, and a 1-rounder on June 15. Lots of teams have all 8 slots filled at that point...
                          What's the downside of more? What about allowing prospects to be traded in-season? Our guys fear an owner will be taken advantage of, and will look to buy some lottery ticket prospect for real major league talent -- thereby affecting the outcome of the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            What's the downside of more? What about allowing prospects to be traded in-season? Our guys fear an owner will be taken advantage of, and will look to buy some lottery ticket prospect for real major league talent -- thereby affecting the outcome of the race.
                            el diablo hit on the inflation aspect.
                            meanwhile, 6 of our 12 owners joined in the 1980s (two of us are originals), and the 2 "newest kids" joined in 2002 and both are now over 60. The youngest owner is about 45 and the oldest is 70 with several just behind him. I'm heading into my 30th auction, and the median age of this league is older than I am!

So your point is a good one, but we're good on the experience end - too good!
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Made a few last minute trades the day before the deadline for our keepers to be due, going in with...

Jurrickson Profar
                              Wil Myers
                              Miguel Sano
                              Danny Hultzen
                              Jorge Soler

Their salary becomes $1 when activated, here's to hoping I've got a big run in 2014.

Comment

Since making this post, he added Myers and now has no major league keepers. It's pretty funny really.

Comment

Working...
                                X