Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best group of minor leaguers in your league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best group of minor leaguers in your league?

This is Frae's crew from PONY (15-team mixed). Not sure I've ever seen a better list.

Gary Sanchez
    Xander Bogaerts
    Jurickson Profar
    Nick Franklin
    Miguel Sano
    Archie Bradley
    Tijuan Walker

There are a few other stacked systems in our league, but that's the best.

In my 17 team mixed league I have a solid core

Jurikson Profar
    Miguel Sano
    Danny Hultson
    James Paxton

Sadly I cut Shelby Miller last year for bench space during a title run. A lot of goodpprospects slipped through last year, so hoping to add one or two more good ones in a rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
      Sadly I cut Shelby Miller last year for bench space during a title run. A lot of goodpprospects slipped through last year, so hoping to add one or two more good ones in a rebuilding year.
      Prospects are nice, but flags fly forever. Guys in my NL league take top MLB draft picks right out of high school, and hold them for years waiting for them. This ties up roster spots better used to audition guys who can help immediately, if you have only a small reserve/ultra type roster. While the other guys on those lists look well worth waiting for, in mixed leagues guys like Franklin, Bradley, and Paxton, unless their salaries are a buck or two, likely won't become immediate keepers, but rather will be marginal of the roster types their first few years in the majors, imo.

Comment

In my 14 team mixed league, we go 20 prospects deep. I think mine is the best in the league. One thing I like about going this deep is it lets you roster the far away guys Weapon1 is talking about. That is how I end up with lots of top prospects eventually. I take chances on high school talent. Of course, I end up trading them all away before they get really great....I've traded Trout, Haprer, Heyward, Hosmer recently. All for poor major league returns. Flags Fly Forever, I know, but I really need to start hanging on to some of these guys instead of trading them in deals that generally lead me to second place.

arenado, nolan
        bradley, archie
        cingrani, tony
        dahl, david
        erlin, robbie
        franklin, nick
        gausman, kevin
        giolito, lucas
        hultzen, danny
        jenkins, tyrell
        lindor, francisco
        marisnik, jake
        miller, shelby
        odorizzi, jake
        olt, mike
        profar, jurickson
        stroman, marcus
        travieso, nick
        wheeler, zack
        wieland, joe

Comment

In my NL only league I have: Oscar Taveras, Zack Wheeler, Javier Baez, Kolten Wong, Nolan Arenado and Jed Bradley. I also have Yasmani Grandal, Brett Jackson and Arodys Vizcaino but they no longer have minor league status in my league. Vizcaino cause he was on the DL going into the season so eligible for the auction.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

In my 10 team al only league I think mine is pretty solid.
            Castellanos
            Bogaerts
            Martin Perez
            Kyle Gibson
            Matt Barnes
            And have the 1st three picks in this years farm draft (Bradley Jr, Buxton and maybe zunino or springer)

Another owner has:
            T. Walker
            Odorizzi
            Myers
            Lindor
            Machado

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
              Prospects are nice, but flags fly forever. Guys in my NL league take top MLB draft picks right out of high school, and hold them for years waiting for them. This ties up roster spots better used to audition guys who can help immediately, if you have only a small reserve/ultra type roster. While the other guys on those lists look well worth waiting for, in mixed leagues guys like Franklin, Bradley, and Paxton, unless their salaries are a buck or two, likely won't become immediate keepers, but rather will be marginal of the roster types their first few years in the majors, imo.

Yeah, our players are $1 once we activate them

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Does it make for insane inflation in your league?
                Would seem that it would. I think the salaries assigned to ultra picks tend to be too big, so we go with start at 7 and go down a dollar for each of the 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Does it make for insane inflation in your league?
                  $300 auction budget, top guys go for $60-70.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                    Prospects are nice, but flags fly forever.
                    Correct idea, but unless they make third place banners...

Comment

We have an 8-player farm system limit, NL only

one owner has 7 players - the number indicates their MLB Baseball America Top 100 rank:

3. Oscar Taveras, of, STL
                      5. Jose Fernandez, rhp, MIA
                      12. Tyler Skaggs, lhp, ARI
                      20. Billy Hamilton, of/ss, CIN
                      52. Nolan Arenado, 3b, COL
                      84. Kolten Wong, 2b, STL
                      Rymer Liriano, of, SDP - just got injured and out for season, or he'd be on the list I assume

the rank of the top 4 among NLers is - 1-2-6-10. geesh

5-S2 until the year after they lose rookie eligibility

this owner had 17 pts in 12-team 5x5, league worst ever, last year. but he sniff around the top of the league more than any other owner. he didn't trade for any of these guys, either - on a picking hot streak.

oh, and he won the (unweighted) lottery this year of the seven teams out of the money - so he'll get Mets C Travis d'Arnaud, too.
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 02-26-2013, 08:18 PM.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

A manager in my league has Profar, Myers, Cole, and Bundy. We don't keep a minor league roster and we only have 3 bench spots. We keep 8 players each year and he was out of the race early last year. So, he loaded up on minor league talent last September.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          This is Frae's crew from PONY (15-team mixed). Not sure I've ever seen a better list.

Gary Sanchez
                          Xander Bogaerts
                          Jurickson Profar
                          Nick Franklin
                          Miguel Sano
                          Archie Bradley
                          Tijuan Walker

There are a few other stacked systems in our league, but that's the best.
                          I certainly have high hopes for this group. I have over the years tried to get myself away from pitching prospects, but Walker and Bradley are the kind of upside arms I am willing to take a chance on. Jurickson, X, and Sano could be special. Franklin probably has the lowest ceiling and Sanchez is still so far away and a catcher so who knows. I am hoping to get some help from Profar this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonianboy View Post
                            In my 10 team al only league I think mine is pretty solid.
                            Castellanos
                            Bogaerts
                            Martin Perez
                            Kyle Gibson
                            Matt Barnes
                            And have the 1st three picks in this years farm draft (Bradley Jr, Buxton and maybe zunino or springer)

Another owner has:
                            T. Walker
                            Odorizzi
                            Myersw
                            Lindor
                            Machado
                            Where are you in Brooklyn?

Comment

Bah! I need to change that. I lived in Williamsburg off the L for 10 years after going to Fordham...now I live in Austin TX...the Brooklyn of Texas!

Comment

Working...
                              X