• Show
Clear All

• Granderson Out 10 Weeks...

Fractured Forearm...ouch.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Hughes has also been hurting a bit. This really could be a long year for Yankee fans.

Comment

The return of Alfonso Soriano??

disregard, I thought this was the last year of his contract......
      Last edited by Grinch; 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM. Reason: I screwed up!
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

According to MLBDepthCharts - somehow, it's always on top of everything - Juan Rivera will be patrolling left field, at least initially. It's just conjecture, but unless the Yankees make a move, he's the closest thing they have to a viable option. Matt Diaz it on NYY's bench, but Rivera has at least a comparable glove (and that says a lot, because Rivera exceeds the expectations of the word "galumph") and a stronger arm. I imagine that'll play nicely in tandem with Gardner's excellent fielding (comparable to Bourjos) and weaker arm.

Tyler Austin can't come up fast enough, huh? As a Mets and Red Sox fan (don't ask), I'd be lying if I said I haven't experienced at least a little bit of schadenfreude over the last few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          The return of Alfonso Soriano??

disregard, I thought this was the last year of his contract......
          Cubs have made it clear to the industry that they would be willing to eat a whole lot of the $36 million owed to Soriano for next 2 years.

Comment

on my LABR team....dammit

Why trade for Soriano for what amounts to 6 weeks?

Comment

Mariners would likely be able to deal Casper Wells who can play the corners well and CF in a pinch, and he's also an okay bat. He's a lot like Cody Ross, and the NY media would love his personality. Apparently it's worn thin on the M's, and even though we have a fairly crappy outfield, they don't seem interested in working him into the rotation. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Why trade for Soriano for what amounts to 6 weeks?
                Because Travis Hafner is also their DH

Comment

I'm looking at the Indians OF. Per MLBDepthcharts they have Bourn, Brantley and Stubbs as starters with Rayburn and Aviles listed as IF/OF on their bench (in platoon's with Brantley and Chisenhall) but Ezekiel Cabrera "on the outside looking in". The problem is, they like Cabrera and he's out of options (per MLBTraderumors). Not that this is a match-up with NY, but something has to give. Their other bench bats are Giambi and Marson for behind the plate.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

The Granderson owner in our AL only 5x5 just posted that he is fielding offers. His Granderson is $24B. We have a $260 budget.

Have to play him out or give him a $5 raise per year. If he was a A contract it might be interesting.

Comment

What's the chance that Nunez suddenly gets a crash course in the OF? If it's really only 6 weeks or so, that might make the most sense...plus it increases his value to the Yanks as a super-sub when Grandy gets healthy.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Juan Rivera as the starting left fielder for the Yankees. So brutal.

What he lacks in any semblance of hitting skill he makes up for with subpar outfield defense! Have fun, Yankees fans!
                        We know. He started with the Yanks.

They also have Matt Diaz who I like a little more than Rivera. I would like to trade for Casper Wells, I like his pop. I suspect they don't do anything. I could see Nunez tried out in left but I think they tried him out there once and didn't go well.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          What's the chance that Nunez suddenly gets a crash course in the OF? If it's really only 6 weeks or so, that might make the most sense...plus it increases his value to the Yanks as a super-sub when Grandy gets healthy.
                          The Yankees have been adamant that Nunez is a shortstop. They think that moving him all around the field last year really screwed him up. They really don't want to do it again; at this point moving him to LF is a non-starter.

I like Nunez as a fantasy sleeper but if they are going to refuse to play him anywhere but SS/DH, his value takes a hit.

Comment

Random thoughts...I'm not sure the Yankees have enough clubhouse security for Rivera. Oh, wait, that was Ruben.

Yeah, I've liked Nunez as a fantasy sleeper before, and he slept right through the season. Either he hits and can't field, or he fields and can't hit. Multi-tasking isn't big with him.

But hey, I'm a little impaired, as should be evidenced by the fact that I have Iron Butterfly on the headphones.

Comment

Wait, yhou can't hear that. Damned Canadians.

Comment

Working...
                              X